Consulting to US company from Canada

srinivkk

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am moving permanently to Canada this weeked. I dont have US green card. My company here in US might be interested to have me as a part time consultant working from Canada.

Is it possible to do that? How will they be able to pay me in Canada?

Any information will be highly useful.

Thanks in Advance !

Friends,

I am moving permanently to Canada this weeked. I dont have US green card. My company here in US might be interested to have me as a part time consultant working from Canada.

Is it possible to do that? How will they be able to pay me in Canada?

Any information will be highly useful.

Thanks in Advance !

-- Yes, it is possible to do that. (I am assuming that you are moving to Canada as a permanent resident). Paying you is not a problem for the US based company. They can either mail you a cheque or deposit money into your bank account.

-- Yes, it is possible to do that. (I am assuming that you are moving to Canada as a permanent resident). Paying you is not a problem for the US based company. They can either mail you a cheque or deposit money into your bank account.

How about the tax filing issues? Assuming the US based company didn't have branch in Canada?

How about the tax filing issues? Assuming the US based company didn't have branch in Canada?

Taxes have to be filed in Canada. US tax liability depends on your residency and the immigration status in the US for that tax year.