• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Consultation From a Bangladeshi Winner

DeVincent

Registered Users (C)
Successful DV-2007 Interview & Received Visa

Hello everyone! I have successfully completed the whole process of DV-2007 and have received a visa.

During this long period of wait and preparation, the information and suggestion available on this forum have proved to be of great help.

I would like to express my gratitude by responding to any question you may have (if it is within my capacity to explain). As I am a Bangladeshi, I will be answering to most questions in context of Bangladesh.

So post your questions and I'll try to reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone! I have successfully completed the whole process of DV-2007 and have received a visa.

During this long period of wait and preparation, the information and suggestion available on this forum have proved to be of great help.

I would like to express my gratitude by responding to any question you may have (if it is within my capacity to explain). As I am a Bangladeshi, I will be answering to most questions in context of Bangladesh.

So post your questions and I'll try to reply.

Hi, please share your experience. Were you living in the U.S. prior to getting DV? If yes, did you choose CP? What did they ask you during your interview? What documents you submitted other than what they mentioned in the letter?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I am a Bangladeshi DV-2008 winner working in IT in a private Bank in Dhaka. My wife is also working in IT in a big group of companies. When I applied then my wife was pregnent and we had no child. Therefore I applied for my wife and me.On 07-Dec-2006 my first daughter was born and 3-dec-2006 was the last date for application. I informed KCC over phone about my baby and they asked me to send DS230 form for her and birth certificate along with our forms. I did so. Please advice me regarding this case.

Also, I did my graduation in IT in 1998 from India. I have provitional degree certificate with me. I did not join in the convocation program of the university. So I do not have the original degree certificate with me. I have the original marks cards of the university. The next convocation will be in April 2008. My NL is 2008AS000000xxx. So i hope i will be called for interview this year. Please advice me about this also.

Als tell me what is the actual/real criteria of Bangladesh Embassy for selecting people in the DV?

@Kanta80:
My whole experience is a long story. I am sorry for not being able to put up all of it. I'll be leaving the country in few days. So you guess I'm all running around getting things tied up. But I hope to write down the few things I was always confused about when I get some time.

I was not living in US prior to getting DV. So CP was my only option. I had some information mismatch in the documents. In the interview the consular asked me about the discrepancy. I answered in a logical manner and she gladly accepted it. The point here is that you have to be confident in whatever you say when explaining something. The consulars are open to any logical explanations and they understand. Just make sure you get your explanations ready in mind and practice in advance if necessary.

Beside the documents mentioned, they refused to take in any other. They were really busy sorting peoples' documents, they didn't want any extra documents. In my case, all they took in was the educational documents. They looked for even the admit cards for HSC & SSC exam! Peculiarly, they didn't want the Affidavit of Support that I had notarized!

Then the consular asked me what I was going to do in USA. I said I would go for higher education. That was it. They let me have the visa.

@Zahid474:
A child being born is natural and you will not be in any trouble for this. Just make sure the little one has proper birth certificate mentioning the date you just stated.

The provisional degree certificate will be just fine. You won't be needing the original one for interview. You have a strong educational background. I hope you'll do fine.

There is no real criteria. But I think they want to avoid people who may become a burden to US. Sometimes they prefer people who will actually contribute to the US society than others who might not be able to do so. You have the preference here.

My advice is, whatever you do, whatever you think they may ask you about, note down. Say your answers to yourself (in English of course). Do they sound plausible? They do? Okay fine.

I hope this helps. Best of luck guys.

Thank you, DeVincent; useful information.

I heard some people get stuck in background check for months. How was it for you? I know it varies person to person.

We're already living in U.S. and our Employment-Based Green Card is also in process which we're expecting to get in less than a year. So, we're a bit confused whether we should go to Bangladesh for CP through DV.

One more question, do the photocopies of all the documents such as passport, marriage cert, birth cert, etc. have to be notarized?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you DeVincent for your clear answer. Your comments empower my confidence. Wish you a happy journey to USA. Please continue with the forum with your valuable suggestions for all of us and specially for Bangladeshies.

@kanta80:
Yes some people get background check and go through a very difficult time. Fortunately, I was not considered for any kind of background check. I also found that there were many others who did not get a background check.

If you are about to receive an employment based green-card, I strongly suggest you do not go for CP through DV. As far as I'm concerned, you cannot file for two visa processing concurrently. The second application will be automatically rejected. But I may be wrong, you should directly contact KCC to make sure what you're about to do is OK.

I didn't notarize any photocopy. They didn't even take the photocopy of the passport!! But I did take along photocopies of each and every document I submitted and so should you.

@Zahid474:
You're welcome mate.

@kanta80:

If you are about to receive an employment based green-card, I strongly suggest you do not go for CP through DV. As far as I'm concerned, you cannot file for two visa processing concurrently. The second application will be automatically rejected. But I may be wrong, you should directly contact KCC to make sure what you're about to do is OK.

Thank you once again, DeVincent.

Regarding the concurrent processing of DV and Employment-based green card, these two are two independent processes and one does not affect another. That's not a problem. We're just hesitating to go to Bangladesh thinking in case they do background check and it takes long time, then we'll be stuck. Then again, we are thinking, we have strong educational backgrounds, both working for a software giant, so probably they wouldn't make an issue. You can imagine why we're in a dilemma:confused: .

Anyways, congrats to you and hope you have a safe journey here.

congratulations from ferdous

really happy with you guys..congratulations and a safe journey to your new home

Ferdous

mail me if you ppl need any suggestions related to job, residence after immigration to USA

Dear Ferdous

I am working in a private bank in the IT section. I am skilled in IT specialy in Banking with online technology. Please suggest about my job in USA (if I get visa)

I am really happy to learn about your qualifications guys. I hope in no time we will find a very strong educated Bangladeshi community working in various important positions in the USA who can collectively stand as an influential community, lobbying in favor of the greater interests of our country.

hi zahid

Zahid

bangladeshi IT technologies are of no value in USA , i worked as a Project Manager in a leading IT company, but unfortunately i didint get any IT job

US IT sector is more structured and lots of software and technologies are used which we dont even use.

visit www.sulekha.com , if you want to work in the IT sector you have to take short trainings from these Consulting firms, then they will help you get a job

visit O*net for the job market, department of labor classifications of job market

thats in short

Ferdous

Dear Ferdous,
there is no bangladeshi IT technologies in Bangladesh. Whatever technology we use are from USA. So I do'nt agree with you. You do not get job or I may not get job there due to our personal disqualification, I do believe. Thanks for your information and suggestion.

Regards
Zahid

Brother DeVincent,
Congratulation for getting visa.
I am a Bangladeshi, living in Japan. Me and my wife had interview for DV 2007 on August 8. Officer told me that visa is approaved and took our passports after our interview. But after two weeks when i did not receive passports, emailed them to know the status. They replied that they r checking our documents and conducting some govt. agency. They will inform us in due time.

My question is...did u have to face this type of problem in Bangladesh? If so how long it was taken?

Thank you very much.

Dear DeVincent,
I am a Bangladeshi living in Dhaka and a winner of DV-2008. Do I need affidavid of support? If so pls inform me about the affidavid of support you had submitted during CP.