consulate issue

bigblue

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

My passport is issued from Lucknow when I was studying in Kanpur. It has Kanpur address in it. However, when I fill the form for I140 I filled with the current permanent address which is in orissa. But, my lawer requseted CP for Mumbai as I got my H1 from there before....

Any idea, to which consulate I will be assigned ?

Do I have to change the address in passport to reflect the current permanent address in India before going for GC ?

Can someone clarify this please ?

thanks

No Title

Q)My passport is issued from Lucknow when I was studying in Kanpur. It has Kanpur address in it. However, when I fill the form for I140 I filled with the current permanent address which is in orissa.
A)Not a problem. You are fine. You have to give the address for communication where you have a address in india. Just go for it dont worry

Q)But, my lawer requseted CP for Mumbai as I got my H1 from there before....
A) This one is little bit logical. I think that you fall under Delhi juridiction, and if you apply for mumbai also you are fine. dont worry about that. in case if mumbai wont accept your application they will forward that to delhi and will inform you about the transfer of case if at all if it happens. this is happening one out of 10 these days. so dont worry about this. keep posting the updates in the forum we will give the answers for the updates ;which you are having

Q)Any idea, to which consulate I will be assigned ?
A)Check the above one

Q)Do I have to change the address in passport to reflect the current permanent address in India before going for GC ?
A) No need to change anything, you are fine now

No Title

how does nvc determines the conulate ? is it based on the address in passport ? or based on the consulate we specify while applying 140 ? how long it would take if i request a change of consulate in nvc vs forwarding the application by one conuslate ito another consulate in india ?

usually based on what u specify

i live in MP but opted for Delhi consulate...and i\'ve been assigned to Delhi :), even though MP comes under Bombay Consulate..

No Title

nvc will not decide your consulate. its your attorney who mentions the consulate in your 140 filing. check your 140 filing you will find that option. dont worry much about this, its a very common issue and it will be alright..

Consular Processing, Permanent Address....

Hi

I have applied for CP at Mumbai and I have a case number. I really would appreciate if anybody could answer the following questions and put my mind at ease:

1. I am actually from Chennai But I got my passport in Mumbai. So, my passport has a permanent address in Mumbai. Therefore I have been assigned Mumbai as my CP center. Is that a problem?

2. I have lived in Indonesia for 2.5 months. My lawyer told me not to mention it as it is not over six months. Is that ok?

3. In India, I have stayed in Trivandrum, Mumbai and Chennai. Do I need to get Police Certificates from each of the three cities and the Indian Embassy?

Thanks in Advance

In emergency situations like this, you may request consulate to reschedule

I believe the consulates accomodate emergency situations like this
if we inform the situation.

Try sending email with all the details or call and ask to reschedule
by giving a suitable date for you.

No Title

1. I am actually from Chennai But I got my passport in Mumbai. So, my passport has a permanent address in Mumbai. Therefore I have been assigned Mumbai as my CP center. Is that a problem?
A)Not a problem, you are safe dont worry about this.

2. I have lived in Indonesia for 2.5 months. My lawyer told me not to mention it as it is not over six months. Is that ok?
A)There is no need of mentioning this one as you are there only for couple of months

3. In India, I have stayed in Trivandrum, Mumbai and Chennai. Do I need to get Police Certificates from each of the three cities and the Indian Embassy?
A)YOu need certificate from RPO Mumbai.