Consular Processing - taking too long??

Re: why it takes so long to cash fee bill?

Hi,

I wonder why it takes so long to cash fee from St Louis. Today I called NVC again. St Louis has not cashed my spouse fee bill yet. It has been 15 days. Mine fee bill got cashed within 10 days. Is anyone at same situation to wait for fee bill cashed? Please inform how is the schedule now.

Cannon,

you got excellent explanation for kkulkar question.

thanks!

mlin144

the average time to cash check is about 14 days (approximately 10 business days).

It might also take couple of days for NVC to update the record after receiving notification.
Call the bank or 1800 number, depending upon cashier's check or money order respecively, to find out if it is cashed.

In my case, they started reviewing before they received notification from st.louis. I dont know why they told you that they are not going to review until they receive notification from st.louis. May be you should talk to them about it and confirm that. If thats the case, convince them that you have already sent the fee bill and ask them to proceed with review. I also sent a copy of the money order with P3; i dont know if that helped.

As I said earlier, your check will be cashed, most probably, by July 7 or 8.
good luck

Re: spouse fee bill got cashed

Cannon,

I called NVC today. St Louis cashed my spouse fee bill on 7/2/03. However NVC has not finished reviewing my DS-230. How about u? Any updated news?

mlin144

The automated message still says that they are reviewing the documents. I am not sure why!! When i called in person, they said the review was completed on July 2. May be, they wont update until they send it to chennai??
Anyway, I expect it to be sent to chennai by July 9 or 10.

I checked automated message. it says that the review was completed on July 7th, though the operator said it was completed on July 2nd. so i am not sure whent it will be sent to chennai. it might even take another week to send it to chennai consulate

Re: no fortune to finish review yet

Cannon 76,

which period did your AVM say that NVC is reviewing your case and which date did your AVM say NVC finish reviewing. Thanks!

I called this morning. NVC is still reviewing. AVM still says they receive document on 6/26.

mlin144

when i checked yesterday (July 7) the AVM said its still reviewing. But when i called the operator on July 2nd, she told me the review was completed on that day. I called this morning (July 8) and it says that the review was completed on July 7. So I guess, they updated the AVM only this morning.

Re: complete review on 7/10/03

Cannon76,

I check AVM this morning. NVC finally finished review on 7/10/03. AVM says NVC will have further instruction within 8 weeks. Do you have same massage? What is that going to be?

mlin144

RE: updated informaiton once your case transfer to consular

Cannon 76,

please keep posted your information once your case is transfered to consular. Thanks!

I believe it will take about 7 days. However, there is one case which finished review on June 25. There is no update yet so far. Is it normal that it takes so long?

mlin144

Hey Guys

My case was completed on june 25th and they sent it to mumbai on july 2nd so looks like one week.

Re: what did AVM say when case transfer to consular?

Hi, PUJA24,

What does AVM say about your case transfer to consular on July 02 2003?

thanks!

mlin144

Raju595: kindly reply

Raju595:

I found several good posts from you about Consular Processing.

I work on H1 and am filing my 140 based on a substituted Labor Cert.

Can you please give me an idea what timeline CP takes from start to finish - In Madras and in Montreal, Canada?

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada, so can I process through Montreal?

Thanks
Winner

Re: Raju595: kindly reply

Originally posted by gogetterwinner
Raju595:

I found several good posts from you about Consular Processing.

I work on H1 and am filing my 140 based on a substituted Labor Cert.

Can you please give me an idea what timeline CP takes from start to finish - In Madras and in Montreal, Canada?

I am a Permanent Resident of Canada, so can I process through Montreal?

Thanks
Winner

Winner,

Thanks.

At Chennai the normal time counted from I-140 approval is
5 to 8 months. In my case it took 6 months 15 days.

But as a PR of Canada you are eligible to have it done at
Canada. The time line should be the same. But as I have seen
in the case of my friend it took him several months to get his
Police clearance from RCMP. Research on this subject on threads
specific to Consular process through Canadian Consulates.

These threads would provide the information you are looking for.

Remember you need to submit all originals at the time of sending
Packet 3 in the case of Canadian Consulates. But you still have
time for this.

Will help where ever I can and I am sure other members would too!

Raju

RE: when did NVC AVM update?

Puja 24,

When NVC AVM system update that your case is transfer to Mumbai on July 02? On July 03 or July 02?

mlin144