Consular Processing - taking too long??

amolnaik

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I-140 was approved around June 2002 and then I decided to go in for Consular Processing in Aug 2002. Category is EB2 and my case was filed at VSC.

I have still not received any packet via my lawyer to fill in. The only thing my lawyer says is that it will be September at the earliest I could expect to get an interview date.

Can anyone share their experiences or shed any light why it could take so long?

I looked at cptracker.com and it shows lot of people having similar cases have already gone through the interview stage. Am I missing something???

Thanks in advance,
Amol

Originally posted by amolnaik
Hi,

My I-140 was approved around June 2002 and then I decided to go in for Consular Processing in Aug 2002. Category is EB2 and my case was filed at VSC.

I have still not received any packet via my lawyer to fill in. The only thing my lawyer says is that it will be September at the earliest I could expect to get an interview date.

Can anyone share their experiences or shed any light why it could take so long?

I looked at cptracker.com and it shows lot of people having similar cases have already gone through the interview stage. Am I missing something???

Thanks in advance,
Amol

This is far too long!

You should have actually finished your interview by this time.
Very irresponsible on the part of your attorney to be not aware
of the time line and not pursuing the case.

If you have received your Notice of Approval, read what it says
and you will find the Phone Number of National Visa Center.

I suspect the case went the AOS ( 485 ) route . And the attorney
and you are unaware of that. If that is the case you need to file
Form I-824 to bring it back to the consular process channal.

Talk to your attorney and jump on it. What he said about the
september is not true. You would see lot of activity as it progresses.

Raju

Raju, thanks for the info.

I got my case no from my attorney and went online to the BCIS site and enquired on my case no.

It says the following:

"Your I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION was received on September 12, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 150 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Any other thing I should check on?

Thanks,
Amol

depending upon the consulate (like mumbai), you may be able to use Attorney certified I-140 and then proceed with your green card without having to wait for I-824 approval.
Since your I-824 was applied september 2002, you might be getting it approved pretty soon (i am surprised that its not yet approved).

But if possible proceed with AC140. You can search this forum for more info. consult with your lawyer about it.

RE: when to review p3?

Hi, Cannon 76,

Just read CP Tracker file that you file your wife fee and mail p3 on June 14. And NVC recieved your p3 on Jun3 24. Do you they start to review it? Has your wife fee bill got cashed? I mail my husband fee bill on June 18 and Mail DS-230 Part for both my and my husband on June 19. So far I don't get anything updated from NVC. My lawyer has not got any certified mail receive date for my husband fee bill. Do you know whether NVC will start to review DS-230 Part at same time when your wife fee bill has not cashed by NVC?

Thanks!

mlin144

huh! so u sent by certified mail!! I sent both of them by express mail and it reached there the very next business day(jun16). For NVC, it takes around 10-15 days for them to record that they have received (DS-230) (mine was on jun 24). I think, They will enter the data if the fee bill is paid.
my wife's moneyorder is not cashed yet, but i had sent a copy of money order with the mail. So, i am not sure if they will enter my wife's data or not.
I am not sure where do u live. but certified mail sometimes takes a week to reach the destination. Did you find out when it reached NVC (both fee bill and DS-130)? it takes around 12-20 days to cash the moneyorder, i think.
Keep checking. good luck!

i called NVC today and asked them if they will review our case even if they have not received notification of payment for my wife from St.Louis. They said they will review it, but they wont send it to chennai until they get the notification. So, I guess, i could have sent my DS230 forms earlier without waiting for fee bill and i would have been sure of september interview. Now, i just have to wait and see if i can get september interview

RE: different operator got different answer

Cannon 576,

I called several times for NVC about when to review P3? different operator got different answer. the first one said they won't review it until fee bill got cashed. then later one said that they may review first. so i decide to ask my lawyer to mail p3 asap. at same time, lawyer also received my husband fee bill. so they sent fee bill on 06/18 and sent p3 for both of us on 6/19. can you please keep posted when NVC review your p3? I expect sep interview also. hopefully everything work out for you. by the way, my Yahoo messanger ID is mlin144. welcome to talk by YM if you can accept it cause we are in same situation. Thanks!

mlin144

Its going to take atleast 10 days after P3 reaches them to record that they received your P3 and atleast 12 days to cash the fee (mo/check) after it reaches them. since you sent it by june 18 and by certified mail, i dont think you will have any luck till july 1st week.
Check at usps.com to see if the certified mail has reached or not. I dont like checking with USPS through telephone. Then you can estimate when NVC will record the receipt of your P3 and when they will cash your check or MO.

Re: NVC starts to review my case

Cannon76,

I just called NVC today that they receive my DS-230 part I today. At same time, st Louis also receive my spouse fee bill. But St Louis has not cashed it yet. Operator said that NVC will start to review my file even fee bill has not been cashed yet. I wonder whether they can transfer my case to consular before July 20 then I can for sure to get Sep interview.

How is your luck? any further progress?

mlin144

Originally posted by amolnaik
Raju, thanks for the info.

I got my case no from my attorney and went online to the BCIS site and enquired on my case no.

It says the following:

"Your I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION was received on September 12, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 150 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Any other thing I should check on?

Thanks,
Amol

Amol,
I went thru the same procedure as you. I had to change my appln from AOS to CP. Not to disappoint you but in my case I824 took almost 18mos. But i hear it is moving much faster now. My file was in TSC. I824 was applied on Aug 2001 and the case was sent to NVC Jan 2003.

Booker

mlin144
my spouse fee (MO) was cashed on 06/30/03. It reached St.Louis post box on 06/16/03. So it took 15 days to cash it.

Re: they have not cashed my spouse fee bill yet

Cannon 76,

I sent my spouse fee bill on June 18 and certified receive date by St louis is June 21. I guess it I got to wait until July 06 to be cashed.

I called NVC today. They have not started to review my DS-230 part I. NVC still wait for notification. AVM said that NVC receive document on June 26. It will take 6-8 to review. Will notice the outcome of review base on June 26. Do you get same message?

So your case has been review by today? Or they started to review it since June 24. Please notify me. Thanks!

mlin144

when i called the customer service last week, they told me they are reviewing; but, they wont send it to the consulate until they receive notification from st.louis. Since they started reviewing only on June 24, i dont expect it to be done before July 2nd. Considering that we have a long weekend coming up, i wont be surprised if it drags for another week.
Since the St.Louis office has cashed the MO on June 30, I am sure they would have notified the NVC by now. I hope they complete review and send it before July 8th.
I also dont know how the cutoff date (20th of each month) works. Does it have to reach before July 20th, or should they enter the data in consulate by July 20th, to be considered for september interview? hope it reaches well before July 20th. i will call up NVC tomorrow and check if they are still reviewing.

I think your check will be cashed by July 7 or 8 (we have a long weekend before that).

Originally posted by cannon576
when i called the customer service last week, they told me they are reviewing; but, they wont send it to the consulate until they receive notification from st.louis. Since they started reviewing only on June 24, i dont expect it to be done before July 2nd. Considering that we have a long weekend coming up, i wont be surprised if it drags for another week.
Since the St.Louis office has cashed the MO on June 30, I am sure they would have notified the NVC by now. I hope they complete review and send it before July 8th.
I also dont know how the cutoff date (20th of each month) works. Does it have to reach before July 20th, or should they enter the data in consulate by July 20th, to be considered for september interview?hope it reaches well before July 20th. i will call up NVC tomorrow and check if they are still reviewing.

I think your check will be cashed by July 7 or 8 (we have a long weekend before that).

There is no rule/law that says that 20th is the cut off date for scheduling CP interviews. It is usually around that time. I have seen individuals whose case reached after 20th of the month also get the interview scheduled in the following second month and also individuals with their file reaching before 20th take 3 months.

But statistically speaking, if your case is in the consualte's computer system before 20th, there are good chances of getting the interview in the following second month.

Thanks cpDelhi. I noticed that too in couple of cases in cptracker.

mlin:
NVC has completed review of my case on July 2. The case was entered on June 24. So, it took about 9 days. They said the will send it in 2 - 4 weeks. But my guess is that they will send it next week.

what is AVM said for complete P3 review

Cannon,

Good to hear that.
What is AVM from NVC for complete of your P3 review?

mlin144

they havent updated AVM yet. (usually it is updated the next day) But i talked to a representative this morning and she told me that the review is complete and the paperwork is in order. They will package it and send it to chennai in 4 to 8 weeks. But, usually, it takes about 7 days. so i am hoping they will send it to chennai by July 10.

cannon576 & Mlin144

Hi Cannon576 and Mlin144,

I am getting the impression from your posts that nowdays NVC is sending fee bill and Packet 3 together. Is this correct? or am I interpreting your posts incorrectly.

My I-140 just got approved last week and I have opted for CP in Mumbai, India.

Please post your comments. I will really appreciate it

NVC will generate P3 only after receiving notification from St.Louis that the fee bill is paid. In our cases, we had to add our spouses, after paying our fee bill. So they generated P3 after we paid our fee and also generated another fee bill to pay for spouse (both are independent actions). Thats why we were sending the spouse's fee and P3 at the same time.