Consular Processing New Delhi-urgent

drI140

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone tried to reschedule their interview date at the consulate if there were circumstances that prevented them from going to the home country for an interview e.g. no vacation, other professional commitments, pregnany ,collecting documents etc.

2)If so,is there a maximum period that you can reschedule it to e.g reschedule by a month or so. Has anyone had this experience in India (specifically Delhi).Is it easy to do that?

3) Third, in the Delhi consulate what is the approx duration that an interview date is scheduled from the time the visa number becomes available (aka priority date becomes current).

4) NVC has forwarded the application to Delhi consulate-is the background check complete once the NVC sends it to the consulate or will it be done at the consulate?

Thanx

CP in DELHI

you can call the delhi consulate and ask about the interview schedule ( I am not aware of the timing)
I do know that you have to email them and call them regarding background checks.
I had called them on the day i left for Delhi - which was three to four days before my interview - so that they could complete the back ground check

cp interview at delhi ...

drI140 said:
Has anyone tried to reschedule their interview date at the consulate if there were circumstances that prevented them from going to the home country for an interview e.g. no vacation, other professional commitments, pregnany ,collecting documents etc.
yes. cp interview can be rescheduled.

drI140 said:
)If so,is there a maximum period that you can reschedule it to e.g reschedule by a month or so. Has anyone had this experience in India (specifically Delhi).Is it easy to do that?
don't know the max time. email the New delhi consulate.

drI140 said:
3) Third, in the Delhi consulate what is the approx duration that an interview date is scheduled from the time the visa number becomes available (aka priority date becomes current).
about 2 months.

drI140 said:
4) NVC has forwarded the application to Delhi consulate-is the background check complete once the NVC sends it to the consulate or will it be done at the consulate?
it will be done again at the consulate.
only New Delhi consulate does background check after the candidate has reached delhi. so as soon as you reach delhi, send them an email that you have landed in delhi. then call them about this, (and if possible go there personally).
for my CP interview, i had sent them an email when i reached delhi. (i couldn't call them, and didn't go there personally, although i did go to the embassy area 2 days before interview to get immigration photos).
on the day of interview, i found out they hadn't acted on my email, and started my background check on that day. it took 5 days, i had to reschedule my flights and pay $475 to the airline for change of dates. it was a pain.

Thanx for the update

Hi J1 victim-so glad you wrote-thanx much for your input.
What does one write to them or say to them once u land in Delhi-do u ask them to begin a background check?

Also-could u please let me know which physician did u go to for medicals and how long does it take for them to complete formalities e.g your lab tests and physical exams etc.

Did u make an appointment for medicals well in advance from the US itself (are they overbooked) and how much do they charge?

Last, could you possibly write up your experience and recommnedations (just like your stellar work on H1 filing procedures) because there is no recent experience posted on this forum (even in the CP section).

Thanx

CP interview and medicals in Delhi

drI140 said:
... What does one write to them or say to them once u land in Delhi-do u ask them to begin a background check?
>>>>Yes.
if i remember correctly (recheck with US consulate New Delhi website) :
-- in the email header section, you need to write - "REQUEST SPECIFIC INFORMATION"
(yes, all caps. if you don't write this header, then your email will be delivered to the general email section and response will be delayed).
-- in the body of email - write your Name, Case number and ask them to initiate a quick name check and that you have reached Delhi.

drI140 said:
... Also-could u please let me know which physician did u go to for medicals and how long does it take for them to complete formalities e.g your lab tests and physical exams etc.
... i went with Dr Dawesar. My friend went with Apollo Hospital.
- With Apollo, you get everything done at one place (medical exam, immunizations, PPD, labs, chest x-ray). they give you results in 3 days.
- with Dr Dawesar, you get medical, immunizations at her office. Labs are drwan at another place about 2 miles from her office, x-rays are done at another place 2 miles away. She gets a chest x-ray done, no PPD. you get reports in 2 days (save 1 day over apollo).
***** get appointment with her in the morning. After her appointment, go for Blood draw first and then for chest x-ray. so you can reach the blood collection office before 12 noon, otherwise you will have to wait until next day or go to connaught place (Lal Labs, main office near Janpath, 10 miles away in traffic) to get your labs drawn on same day. x-ray clinic is fine.

*** it is advisable to take all your shot records with you, otherwise you will be forced to get them. (you can ask your physician to prepare an immunization card in which to write all shots).
Here is USCIS link for vaccines needed: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html
for adults: MMR, Hep B, Varicella, Td
and report of prior PPD.

drI140 said:
... Did u make an appointment for medicals well in advance from the US itself (are they overbooked) and how much do they charge?
... yes, made an appointment with Dr Dawesar 10 days in advance. on the day of appointment, i was the only one from US, there were 20 other people from punjab for family immigrant visa medicals. even if your appt is at 11am for example, go there ASAP on the morning. it is a first come first served.

drI140 said:
... Last, could you possibly write up your experience and recommnedations (just like your stellar work on H1 filing procedures) because there is no recent experience posted on this forum (even in the CP section).
will write in detail later. am kind of sleepy.