Consular Processing - I134 Please help

Shanks75

Registered Users (C)
I have opted for consular processing, I have following questions.
a > Can I marry after filing Packet-3?If so, whats the procedure.
b> Do I need to file I-134 OR is it I-164. My immigration is employement based.

c> How should I get PCC from local police station? I am based in Mumbai.

d>I heard about a new process in which the Packet-3 needs to be sent back to NVC .Is that true?If so, is it going to delay the complete process.

e>Is it okay to take a vacation of about 45 days before going for the interview?Do they need the most current paystubs?Because if i am taking vacation, then my company wont be paying me.

Thanks in advance

Some Answers

IN CAPS
I have opted for consular processing, I have following questions.
YES, YOU CAN FILL A SET OF P3 FOR YOUR WIFE AND SEND IT RIGHT AWAY. ALSO AFTER THE INTERVIEW YOU CAN GET HER APPROVAL BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR THE US. CHECKOUR JUSTASKFORKS\'S POSTING ON THIS FORUM.
I-134 FOR YOUR WIFE/DEPENDENT, YOUR EMPLOYMENT LETTER IS YOUR SUPPORT DOC

NO IDEA
d>I heard about a new process in which the Packet-3 needs to be sent back to NVC .Is that true?If so, is it going to delay the complete process.
PACK 3 GOES TO CONSULATE NOT NVC
e>Is it okay to take a vacation of about 45 days before going for the interview?Do they need the most current paystubs?Because if i am taking vacation, then my company wont be paying me.
THIS IS GRAY AREA. IT IS "SUGGESTED" THAT YOUR LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT SHOULD BE DATED ATLEAST WITHIN THE LAST MONTH. THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PAYSTUBBS. BUT YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO (btw they did not ask to see my paystubbs)

Thanks a lot

Thanks buddy,

I was not able to locate the JUSTASKFORKS ,can u please send me the hyperlink.

Thanks again

Here is my thoughts (some which don\'t match patta\'s)

I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION. CONSULATE SAID THEY WILL ACCPET PACKET 3 FOR SOUSE ONLY WITH MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. HOWEVER, ATRNY SUGGESTED SENDING IN MY FIANCE\'S PKT 3 WITH SOME PROOF LIKE INVITATION CARD, WHICH I HAVE JUST DONE. BASICALLY THE IDEA IS, IF THE MARRIAGE IS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW AND YOU CAN GET ALL THE DOCUMENTATION NEEDED THEN BOTH OF YOU CAN ATTEND THE INTERVIEW TOGETHER, OFCOURSE IF THE CONSULATE AGREES. ELSE, YOU SEND IN HER PACKET 3 EARLIEST POSSIBLE. I HEARD IT IS BETTER TO DO SO BEFORE YOU RETURN TO US, BUT UNDERSTAND IT CAN BE DONE LATER AS WELL. IN THIS CASE YOUR WIFE\'S INTERVIEW WILL BE SCHEDULED LATER.

I134

IF YOU ARE RESIDING IN US, YOU DON\'T NEED LOCAL PCC. GET YOURS FROM THE INDIAN CONSULATE HERE. THATS ALL THAT IS NEEDED. FOR SPOUSE, IF RESIDING IN INDIA, YOU NEED PCC FROM RPO. IF THE PASSPORT HAD BEEN ISSUED MORE THAN 6 MONTHS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW, THEN YOU NEED LOCAL POLICE PCC. APPLY FOR THIS AT THE DISTRICT POLICE OFFICE. I HEARD SOME PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO GET IT IN MUMBAI. SOME OTHER STATES, THEY ARE STILL REFUSING TO GIVE IT. HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE SORTED OUT SOON.

I HEARD THIS TOO. AND YES IT COULD POSSIBLY DELAY THE PROCESSING, BUT THEN, IT MAY ALSO SAVE SOME TIME AND CONFUSION, LIKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH SOME FOLKS OF PKG FROM NVC NOT REACHING EVEN AFTER THEY SENT THEIR Pkt 3 TO CONSULATE. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A "PROCESS IMPROVEMENT", LETS HOPE IT IS :)

PERSONAL OPINION IS YES. GC IS FOR FUTURE EMPLOYMENT, NOT CURRENT. THEY USUALLY ASK FOR PAY STUB FOR EITHER VERIFICATION OF SALARY (FOR I134) OR TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH THE COMPANY, HAVE NOT BEEN OUT OF STATUS, ETC. SO, IF YOU CAN ARRANGE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT LETTER THAT IS CLOSER TO YOUR INTERVIEW DATE (LIKE NOT 3/4 MONTHS OLD), YOU SHOULD BE OK. AND i\'M PRETTY SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LEAVE WITHOUT PAY AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SOME VALID GROUNDS :) BUT IT COULD RAISE SOME EYEBROWS IF THEY SUSPECT IT IS A SUSPECT CASE, I.E., YOU WON;T HAVE A JOB ONCE YOU GET HERE DUE TO WHATEVER REASON.

No Title

if you can avoid the vacation, nothing like it... if they do ask for the pay stub and u cannot provide it, you are raising a red flag...

some companines have the habit of issuing $ 0.00 paychecks... if u can manage that, probably you are better off...

again, GC being such a big milestone and u r travelling all the way to india, u dont want to leave anything to chance...

my $0.02...

Q1 of 134

Q1 of 134 requires you to be a citizen or Permanent resident before filling this form. How can someone applying for a CP based GC fill this form for their dependent as they\'re neither?