Consular processing for U.S. citizen's Spouse

mariahoneyy

Registered Users (C)
From U.S. Consulate ,I got appoinment letter for my spouse's immigrant visa Interview, via e-mail . Below are the requirement what the Consulate requires:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Petitions filed for Spouses of American Citizens:

*Petitioner's U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization and Previous Country of citizenship's Passport(s)

*Beneficiary's Country of citizenship's Passport

*Biographic Information Form (G-325A) for each the Petitioner and the Beneficiary.

*Beneficiary's Registered Birth Certificate ("Extract from Register of Birth (Rule 21)")

*Petitioner's and Beneficiary's Marriage Certificate

*Evidence of Relationship (Wedding Pictures, Photo Albums, Invitations, Letters, etc.)

*One current (within last 6 months) passport-sized photograph each of the Petitioner and Beneficiary.

*Petitioner's tax returns (1040s and W2s) from previous three years (Optional - this may speed up visa issuance)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q > Consulate did not mention WHICH "Affidavit of Support" Form # , I need to fill up?

Q > And for Joint Sponsor , WHICH form my joint sponsor needs to fill up ,since my income is not enough?

Q> I wanna do fill up the "Affidavit of Support" form in USA & take it to back home . So , in advance, which Form numbers I need to fill up & take it to my back home U.S. consulate for my Spouse's Immigrant visa(Consular Processing) ?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Maria:)

mariahonyy:

Since NVC received your packet 3, how long did it take for review?

I'm sure the affidavit form we have to file for a relative petition is I864, you have to find a sponsor is you dont meet w/the poverty guide range.

Packet -3

cacheloli

thank you for your response, but I don't know what is the packet -3?

Simply , I just sent an e-mail to U.S. Consulate asking for my spouse's visa( asking that ... for my spouse what to do?)

Consulate just sent me appoinment letter (attachment) for my wife's interview date & time via e-mail & told that which papers I need to bring at interview.

Would you please tell me what is the procedure ? And for Joint sponsor which documents I need...bank statement?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
to 'mariahoneyy'

maria,

I read your lots of post in 'citizenship' about oath letter. And congrats for getting oath.

My question is that How and which procedure did you adopt to file petition for you spouse that you got that very fast visa interview appointment for you spouse?

thanks in advance

iamnotdesi

For U.S. Citizen's spouse , the fastest procedure is "K-Visa"

It takes about 5 to 6 months.

In my case, I just asked U.S. consulate (via e-mail) that what is the procedure for US citizen's spouse's visa.

U.S. Consulate just replied (via e-mail) me stating that they scheduled my spouse's appoinment/interview date. I have to send them just my U.S. Passport # and my spouse's name.
That's all.

Then , they replied via e-mail (attachments) and sent me appoinment letter & list of required documents which have to be presented at interview time. They suggest me to print out the appoinment letter(attachment of e-mail) & at interview I should show the letter to the U.S. Consulate.

That's it.

**NOTE that all communications occured via e-mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
to 'mariahoneyy'

mariahoneyy:

so, did you filed for your wife before you got citizenship and then tranfer to other category?

I will be appreciate, if you post in details for your wife's petition process.

thanks in advance.

iamnotdesi

I did not file anything yet for my spouse.

U.S. Consulate just asked to bring all those filled up forms at interview time.