consular processing for a physician

Apurwa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a pediatrician who is doing a waiver job after obtaining my J-1 waiver in Aug.2001.

I have applied for GC thru NIW.

I have also applied for GC thr labor cert (RIR) and labor cert approved in Nov.2002 and I-140 approved in Feb 2003. But I cannot apply for I-485 until I have completed the 3 years of my waiver(IS IT TRUE?).

When I applied for I -140, I had requested for GC processing thru I 485, but now because of time constraints i would like to proceed with CP.
Can I apply for CP now, before my three year anniversary for J-1 waiver (due in Sept. 2004) and if so how should I proceed?

I will really appreciate your help.

Apurwa.

CP for MD

HI Apurva,
You can start your CP process before your J1 waiver period ends.
Your interview date for CP has to be after Sept 2004.
Since you have appiled for 485, I think you have to file for I 824 and start your CP .
Elangoashu.

I have also applied for GC thr labor cert (RIR) and labor cert approved in Nov.2002 and I-140 approved in Feb 2003. But I cannot apply for I-485 until I have completed the 3 years of my waiver(IS IT TRUE?).

ANS : IT is True. We are also in the same boat. We applied for 485 after completing 3 years of waiver job. we applied on nov 2001. still pending. After completing 5 years of working here I am going for consular processing with my NIW application.

When I applied for I -140, I had requested for GC processing thru I 485, but now because of time constraints i would like to proceed with CP.
Can I apply for CP now, before my three year anniversary for J-1 waiver (due in Sept. 2004) and if so how should I proceed?

You will have to apply for I 824. That might take upto an year to get approved. You can also try for AC I140 CP with your 824 receipt once you complete your waiver job (sep 2004)in case your i 824 does not come through.

Average time frame for I-824

Hi,

Thanks for replying for my previous queries.

What's the average time frame approval of I-824?