Consular Process

vvlabor

Registered Users (C)
Hello, How long is the green card process if I now apply for Consular Processing (chennai). I am based in new jersey

The I140 and 485 stage.

Please advice as I am new to this process and my attorney tells me very conflicting information every time I discuss with him

vvlabor:

Since you have opted for 485 and your consulate is chennai you cannot avail of what is called AC I-140 route of CP. Hence you will have to file I-824 and wait for approval which is currently taking about 12-15 months and then another 6-8 months to get CP interview @ CHennai. So in essence if your I-140 is approved and you r on 485 then you are looking at a MINIMUM of 18-24 months from today to get your GC approval!

Just bcoz chennai does not accept AC I-140 i would recommend you to continue on 485 since with 485/ EAD you will at least have job portability.

vvlabor:

Also you have posted this question in a wrong thread. You should haev posted this in the Consular Process thread where you can expect faster answers. Anyway ... i fyou haev further question do post in the CP thread since this is a I-140 thread.