Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Called Nebraska and learned from a nice lady that my NC has recently been cleared. She also said: The case status is: waiting to be assigned to an officer. Given that my processing date has passed already (she made a comment this fact may speed it up a little).

My question: How long does it USUALLY take between NC clearance and "Card Productin Ordered" email, given they don't ask for anything else?
Thanks

Which number did you called and what option did u select to talk 2 IO, i tried to check status on my case and it has automated message.

Thank you,

EB2 Aug 2003

Called Nebraska and learned from a nice lady that my NC has recently been cleared. She also said: The case status is: waiting to be assigned to an officer. Given that my processing date has passed already (she made a comment this fact may speed it up a little).

My question: How long does it USUALLY take between NC clearance and "Card Productin Ordered" email, given they don't ask for anything else?
Thanks

Which number did you called and what option did u select to talk 2 IO, i tried to check status on my case and it has automated message.

Thank you,

EB2 Aug 2003

800.375.5283, options 1226 then the number then 134

I think I got transferred because my processing date already passed...

February Visa Bulletin

Not nice, but totally expected news...

Note that the "unavailability" is effective immediately (January 7, 2008), and not from February 1, 2008.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3925.html

D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE HAS BECOME “UNAVAILABLE”

Despite two retrogressions of the India Employment Second preference cut-off date, demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases has remained extremely high in recent months. As a result the annual limit for the India Employment Second preference category has been reached, and the category has become “unavailable” effective immediately.

if USCIS has all the information them may be about 6 weeks

Thanks

kgp, its good to see you :)

This is a very sad day for me. Having waited for over 4 years for labor cert and now almost for a year for 485 I am being told that the dates won't be curent for another 9 months. This is a very bad day indeed. Literally everyone I know has had better luck with the process. Either they didn't get stuck with PBEC or at least they didn't get stuck with NC..... This just seems to go on an on ....

Did You get any LUD?

Hi,
Good to know that your name is cleared. Just a question that did you get an LUD update in your online status after that or not. In your signature, i did not see any?

Do you think they'll ask me to do another FP? I did my first on 12/28/2006.

Also were you retrogressed at all?

Hi,
Good to know that your name is cleared. Just a question that did you get an LUD update in your online status after that or not. In your signature, i did not see any?

No, no LUD. I was told they are waiting for my VISA number. As I'm not retrogressed, that should hopefully get cleared soon.

Spoke to IO at NSC

Folks:

My details are in signature. I was fingerprinted a week ago and have approved EAD.

When I called NSC using POJ method, I was told all security checks have been completed. I was told by IO (last Monday) that she would e-mail to her supervisor to separte my file since all checks are completed. I did mention that EB1-India visas are current....

.....And today (Friday), another (or same, not sure) told me that my file is waiting to be reviewed by an officer and she asked me to call back after 30 days......

......I don't know what does she mean?....is this way of saying don't call us again and again....or she really meant to say whats going on with my file.

Guys..if you have any experience...please share it with me and thanks a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke IO in NSC

Hello All,

I spoke to an IO at NSC, although my PD is not current ( My PD June 2001, EB2).I was told by IO " Everything is OK, it is waiting for an officer for review".
my FP was done 11/27. Here is what is confusing me

1. She didn't mention that my PD is not current and I should wait for visa numbers to be available.
2. I applied for my Spouse as derivative applicant in on 12/21. LUD 12/27/2007
3. Do they review my application pending my wife's FP, NC etc ?
4. Should I still need to make sure if my NC is clear ? what is the alternative way to do so ?
5. I donot see any LUD activity on my I-485 since when I last spoke to IO she mentioned my NC is pending. Now IO mentioned it is clear should LUD be updated ? Please sugggest.

Please correct me I am wrong or anything that I missed.

PD : June 2001
I-140 : Approved June 2001.
I-485,I-765,I-131 applied : August 15, 2001
EAD : Approved Oct 24, 2007
FP : Nov, 2007
I-485, I-131 : Pending
LUD I-485 : 12/21/2007
LUD I-131: 09/30/2007

Hello All,

I spoke to an IO at NSC, although my PD is not current ( My PD June 2001, EB2).I was told by IO " Everything is OK, it is waiting for an officer for review".
my FP was done 11/27. Here is what is confusing me

1. She didn't mention that my PD is not current and I should wait for visa numbers to be available.
2. I applied for my Spouse as derivative applicant in on 12/21. LUD 12/27/2007
3. Do they review my application pending my wife's FP, NC etc ?
4. Should I still need to make sure if my NC is clear ? what is the alternative way to do so ?
5. I donot see any LUD activity on my I-485 since when I last spoke to IO she mentioned my NC is pending. Now IO mentioned it is clear should LUD be updated ? Please sugggest.

Please correct me I am wrong or anything that I missed.

PD : June 2001
I-140 : Approved June 2001.
I-485,I-765,I-131 applied : August 15, 2001
EAD : Approved Oct 24, 2007
FP : Nov, 2007
I-485, I-131 : Pending
LUD I-485 : 12/21/2007
LUD I-131: 09/30/2007

Based on Feb. 08 Visa bulletin, there are no visa numbers available for EB2-India. It basically boils down to indefinite wait.....Btw, this restriction also applies to the EB2-Indian "adjustment of status" cases pending at USCIS.

Do i have to renew my EAD at all?

I got an LUD on my I485 and i called NSC. IO at NSC told me that my case is assigned to an officer and i should get a decision in 90 days. i read here that someone saying it can take atleast six weeks.

My EAD is going to expire in this month but i never used it for employment. My attorney is saying to not renew EAD but prepare for H-1 as that is going to expire in May 2008.

If i do not renew my EAD can it be considered that i am out of status? keeping in mind i never used it and my H-1 is still valid.

What you guys suggest i should do . Just wait till april to file for H-1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Here's a brief background about my case. I applied for 485 approval on 10-aug-2006. First status inquiry in apr-2007 revealed that background check was still open.
Reply to 2nd status inquiry on 26-dec-2007 says that they are actively processing case and additional checks need to be done.
I am not sure if background check is still open. Any help understanding this will be apprceiated.

Case Details:
EB2 India
PD: May 2002
LC Approved: sep 2005
I-140 Approved: apr 2006
485 RD: 10-aug-2006
LUD: 14 nov 06

Hi,
Here's a brief background about my case. I applied for 485 approval on 10-aug-2006. First status inquiry in apr-2007 revealed that background check was still open.
Reply to 2nd status inquiry on 26-dec-2007 says that they are actively processing case and additional checks need to be done.
I am not sure if background check is still open. Any help understanding this will be apprceiated.

Case Details:
EB2 India
PD: May 2002
LC Approved: sep 2005
I-140 Approved: apr 2006
485 RD: 10-aug-2006
LUD: 14 nov 06

Hi Kaushik
Try to get information about background check clearance on phone. If notr getting satisfatory reply/confirmation take an info pass appointment and check with IO at counter specifically. If not cleared please take help of senators.
Suresh

kgp, its good to see you :)

This is a very sad day for me. Having waited for over 4 years for labor cert and now almost for a year for 485 I am being told that the dates won't be curent for another 9 months. This is a very bad day indeed. Literally everyone I know has had better luck with the process. Either they didn't get stuck with PBEC or at least they didn't get stuck with NC..... This just seems to go on an on ....

My case similar.Only thing i have a PD of Nov.2002 . Will USCIS update us how many pending EB2 India I-485 applications with PD up to 2002 are there ? This might help us to make a rough projection ?

I got an LUD on my I485 and i called NSC. IO at NSC told me that my case is assigned to an officer and i should get a decision in 90 days. i read here that someone saying it can take atleast six weeks.

My EAD is going to expire in this month but i never used it for employment. My attorney is saying to not renew EAD but prepare for H-1 as that is going to expire in May 2008.

If i do not renew my EAD can it be considered that i am out of status? keeping in mind i never used it and my H-1 is still valid.

What you guys suggest i should do . Just wait till april to file for H-1?

our numbers/dates are almost identical. When did you get an LUD? And when do you think you namecheck cleared? THanks

I called NSC again today, another IO told me that they might have sent my biometrics to VSC as my case had an EAC number. She told that she can ask VSC to electronically send it to NSC.
Something to keep in mind for those of you that have been transferred from VSC to NSC
I finally got a biometrics appointment on Jan3 2008, which I completed on 12/19/07 ahead of time along with my wife and both of us got LUD I-485 on 12/20
I called NSC today and they tell me that my namecheck was done on 12/13/07 but they never got my biometrics. They say that they will send me another appointment. Anybody had similar experience?

date

our numbers/dates are almost identical. When did you get an LUD? And when do you think you namecheck cleared? THanks

12/21/07. i am not sure when my name check is cleared but i have LUD on 12/21/07. they said it is assigned only when name chek is cleared and my case is already assigned to someone.