Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

What can I say man? You deserve it... you've been a tramendous help/support. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Good luck with everything in the future!

Dear Friends,

It has been a long road to this day.

I began making friends on this forum since 2003 when I finally realized that my green card would take a long time to obtain.

After having to endure the DOL monthly updates and the dreaded, now processing: "April 2001" for what seemed forever - in fact it was forever. To almost reaching the front of the line at NY SWA, only to be derailed by the creation of the Backlog Centers.

After watching the backlog centers and having spent countless hours trying to figure out what they were doing...after waiting almost another two years...I was greeted with a notice of closure. Another ordeal in the green card saga. Thankfully, I made it through.

As insane as it may sound, I am thankful that USCIS swiftly approved my I-140 last week and my I-485 this week. Yes, I know, we have been trained well, we have been trained to be greatful for getting a quick approval in just 7 months.

It has been a long ride but it has been a good experience, getting the chance to interact with so many of you, through posts and some even via phone...

I consider all of you friends. mvinays, GreenCard2010, MDWatch, others. I wish you the best and a green card approval in the near future.

I have spent countless time on these forums, learning and trying to help. It's bitter-sweet. I look forward to a life where the green card is something I carry in my wallet and not something that consumes me. But I will miss you guys (and gals).

I won't disappear just yet, but I hope you will understand that it is time to look to the future.

Thank you God, for giving me the strength to wait, for good friends and a green card.

Good luck to all.

JustWatching

help if any insights

Hi all,

I received a letter from NSC indicating the same "application awaiting assignment of an officer"......

I called NSC (nebraska service center)...

Conversation Hello mam.. blah...

me: Mam can you please let me know if my Security checks have been cleared?
Lady: Sir we cannot give you any details about your security checks. You need to make an info pass appt to find out.
Me: Mam I actually raised a query and got a response back saying that it is awaiting assignment of an officer. Does this mean that everything is over and ready to get adjudicated.
Lady: Sir Please dont try to get more info from me about the security check. That status means that the case is with the officer. I cannot guarantee you any specific amount of time but, it is with the officer. That officer may cases from 50 - 500. So when you get your turn you will have yours.

me: closed conv saying...thank you..

regards

Congrats to gcsync and dinks. When it rains it pours :).
Day started kinda crapy with going backward but several approval in one day is encouraging.

cgsync, man, you did wait for I-485 AD a long time! If I understood well it was because of retrogression, not NC? All the best and enjoy it.

Dear Friends,

As insane as it may sound, I am thankful that USCIS swiftly approved my I-140 last week and my I-485 this week. Yes, I know, we have been trained well, we have been trained to be greatful for getting a quick approval in just 7 months.

JustWatching

Congratulation JW! This is a great day indeed. You did a great job maintaining this tracker and you gave us all a lot of support and great advice. Good luck in your career and enjoy your freedom.

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

gcsync - added (APPROVED!)
JustWatching - updated (APPROVED!)
dinks2006 - updated (APPROVED!)

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Thank you...

Thank you everyone bigbang2001, rvb_md2001, antonioa77, bcktcnd, prq20, dreamer_ny, zgubi, mas06.

Regarding name check question - I did take an InfoPass appointment a couple weeks back. I was told that neither my wife or I had cleared name check. Frankly I don't think that was accurate information.

bcktcnd - I was actually on a conference call when I saw the e-mail come through. It was so difficult to stick with the call. All I wanted to do was call my wife...

dinks and gcsync - Congratulations!

I will update the tracker for another week or so. If any of one is interested in taking over the tracker, send me a PM. I can send that person the tracker and the template I use to post the updates.

Good luck everyone. I hope those of you that remain get quick resolution.

JustWatching

Congrats to the current batch of free people. I have a question- Last couple of LUDs on the 485, I did not recv. any email notification. Any idea what is the reason behind this and whether anybody had the same problem? Calling up the centre was no help. I have throught of using Infopass but they might say that dates have not crossed the July 27(my RD) mark, so buzz off......

Anybody out here( JW are u still watching?), who can advice as to what the heck is going on? Also, whom so ever is the incharge for config. management, pls. enter my data in the tracking sheet.

Thanks,

Nokin

-----------------------------------------
labor : EB2 RIR MD,1/17/02 AD:9/20/05
I-140: RD 12/12/05 RFE 5/3/06 Reply RD 6/12/06 AD 7/13/06
I-485( LIN062235XXXX): RD 7/25/06 BIO CODE 1 8/28/06, BIO CODE 2 12/29/06 LUD 1/2/07, 1/3/07
EAD: AD 9/12/06

JustWatching,

congratulations my friend, this is amazing news, i am very happy for you and wish you the best in your career and future in USA.

I appricate all your help and support on the last 3 years.

Hopefully our turn will be soon.

Thanks again,

Dear Friends,

Good luck to all.

JustWatching

Congratulations!!

I feel very happy for you!

Wish you successful in all of your future endeavor!!!

NYLC4Yr

Dear Friends,

I began making friends on this forum since 2003 when I finally realized that my green card would take a long time to obtain.

After having to endure the DOL monthly updates and the dreaded, now processing: "April 2001" for what seemed forever - in fact it was forever. To almost reaching the front of the line at NY SWA, only to be derailed by the creation of the Backlog Centers.

After watching the backlog centers and having spent countless hours trying to figure out what they were doing...after waiting almost another two years...I was greeted with a notice of closure. Another ordeal in the green card saga. Thankfully, I made it through.

It has been a long ride but it has been a good experience, getting the chance to interact with so many of you, through posts and some even via phone...

I consider all of you friends. mvinays, GreenCard2010, MDWatch, others. I wish you the best and a green card approval in the near future.

I have spent countless time on these forums, learning and trying to help. It's bitter-sweet. I look forward to a life where the green card is something I carry in my wallet and not something that consumes me. But I will miss you guys (and gals).

I won't disappear just yet, but I hope you will understand that it is time to look to the future.

Thank you God, for giving me the strength to wait, for good friends and a green card.

Good luck to all.

JustWatching

Questions for Just Watching

Just Watching,

Congrats. I have questions for you. 1) Were you called for an interview before your 485 was cleared? 2)When you used Infopass, did they inform you whether you have cleared name check, or whether your case is assigned to an officer on a particular date et al., 3) When you had LUDs on I485 after biometrics, did you get email notifications( auto notify)?

Enjoy your new found freedom, Bud!

Nokin

Congrats JustWatching !! You obvious did much more that "Just Watching". Both I140 & I485 approved in a week's time difference after a loooooooong wait.

Congrats to gcsunc & dinks too.

Best of luck for your future endeavors.
Take Care

congrats!!

Congratulations to gcsync and dinks and to the ever helping JW. Awesome and I'm very happy for you all. JW we shall miss you here. Keep visiting this place for awhile at least!

Congrats Justwatching and others

Congratulations on your approvals, thank you Just-watching for all this time you been with us helping us and keeping the track, Our long waiting time make us desperate but hopefully soon we will get those miracle emails telling us the welcome notice or the approval or card ordered it does not matter what is it as long as we have those emails. For now we only have to wait and keep navigating and dont let ourselves sink without doing our best effort, the patience of waiting.

Congratulations!

I did not check the tracker yesterday. Today it was a pleasant surprise.

Anyways congratulations!! I have read your posts since PBEC. Your particiapation in these forums was invaluable. It feels very happy to see you get your GC. All the best with everything!

Dear Friends,

JustWatching

Congrats!

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

gcsync - added (APPROVED!)
JustWatching - updated (APPROVED!)
dinks2006 - updated (APPROVED!)

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Congrats on your approval. Btw, could you add me to the tracker. I have my info in the signature.