Consequences to citizenship app from changing jobs after EB1-OR GC

SunValley

Hi:
I received my GC 5 yrs ago based on EB1-OR thru a university, but at that time, after about 3 months after the GC, I lost my job due to project running out of funds and could not secure renewal for next phase of project ..
Later I found a job almost immediately with a private corporation of repute, and did not look for a univ job since it was far better pay than a univ job. and although it is in the same field, it is manufacturing job and not research job ...
Now i applied for citizenship, and I am due for interview in a few days. Do any of you guys know if I should expect any questions about changing job after GC, and what kind of questions they would be.. or nothing to worry ??
thanks

You didn't change your job - you lost your job. There should be no problem for your citizenship application because of this.

Do I need to provide the termination letter just in case ?? Because I dont have it any more, and I can ask the univ for a copy, but not sure if they still keep those records ??

Do I need to provide the termination letter just in case ?? Because I dont have it any more, and I can ask the univ for a copy, but not sure if they still keep those records ??

No, most likely they will not ask for it. But if you want peace of mind, ask for a copy from your university.

I second that.

Hi

Do not worry i was in the same situation as i got GC through NIW in Aug 2004.

In fact i had no job when my GC got Approved. I did not have Job from June 2004 to Sep 2006 and later switched my field to Software and no question were asked and i became a Citizen in jan 2010.

Thanks
Anir

Hi:
I received my GC 5 yrs ago based on EB1-OR thru a university, but at that time, after about 3 months after the GC, I lost my job due to project running out of funds and could not secure renewal for next phase of project ..

Do not sugar-coat your termination in anyway especially you don't want to tell the officer that your EB1-2 petition did not actually have a "permanent" job. Jobs that depend on continuation of research funds are *typically* not seen as "permanent" jobs.

EB1-1 and NIW do NOT need a job offer, so ignore the advice given by the NIW person.

Just say that you were fired and you moved on. Also say that your current job requires the depth of a PhD although it does not require you to publish etc. You will be fine.

I will be happy to hear other inputs on this comment.