Consequence of Failing Naturalization

porajoy

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for my wife. She might not pass civics test. What would be the consequence, we need to re-apply. Please let us know if you have any experience. Thanks.

there aren't any consequences persay unless you did something illegal :p
as far as i know if you fail the English and civics test on the first attempt, you are given a second opportunity to pass either one or both tests within 90 days of the first test. If you fail a second time, your citizenship application will be denied. and
you have to file another n-400 with the fee

Tell her to study study study.......and be optimistic....

The questions are very simple and some of them plain common sense.....help her out if you can, ask her the questions everyday until she learns them by heart.....

When is her interview????

I am applying for my wife. She might not pass civics test. What would be the consequence, we need to re-apply. Please let us know if you have any experience. Thanks.

Can you dress up as your wife?:D

If she fails, she'll have another chance to take the test. Be positive and study with her everyday.

I think they may re-adminster the test at another time rather then having you re-submit the N-400.

I know they were at one point allowing those that failed the new civics test to re-take the old version at the same time. Not sure if they are continuing this or that was just during the switch over phase...