Connection between EAD and I 485

kubutek

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

My spouse just go t approved her 4the EAD. I applied for them online at the same time at the beginning of June. I am the primary and still waiting for my approval. I was wondering, when the IO processes I 765 (EAD) does he look into I 485 file. What is the connection? If he does why the hack would he not approve it at the same time (I confirmed twice that our I 485 are all set and just waiting for approval - no clue if assigned to officer or visa #).
Please share any thoughts???

As per my lawyer, all cases waiting should be approved as those cases had reserved visa #. Hopefully she is right.

Good Luck to everybody

I think that whenever IO wants to approve EAD , he will check your approved 140 and pending 485 and then he will decide whether to approve EAD or not. I strongly believe that all old PDs have Visa numbers allocated and IO is waiting for the results of security check to approve 485. IF 485 is approved, then IO can reject pending EAD.

This is my Personal opinion.

Good Luck.

I am in the same boat

My wife's EAD got approved last week but they did not approve my EAD yet.

Can you update me once yours got approevd?

I read in other forum also with similar experiences. Does anyone on the same boat?

Hello everybody,

My spouse just go t approved her 4the EAD. I applied for them online at the same time at the beginning of June. I am the primary and still waiting for my approval. I was wondering, when the IO processes I 765 (EAD) does he look into I 485 file. What is the connection? If he does why the hack would he not approve it at the same time (I confirmed twice that our I 485 are all set and just waiting for approval - no clue if assigned to officer or visa #).
Please share any thoughts???

As per my lawyer, all cases waiting should be approved as those cases had reserved visa #. Hopefully she is right.

Good Luck to everybody

I am still awaiting my EAD approval along with my 485 approval. My 485 had a LUD on the date the receipt notice was generated, but not sure if there is any other cause.

Thanks

Mine got approved yesterday whle nothing has changed to my 485 last lud IS 3/15/07 AND i applied my ead on may 07 and got approved yesterday.

I received NOID for my i-485 on 07/19 and EAD was applied last month , received EAD approval today 07/27

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine approved too...

I got my EAD approved one day after my wifes. It look like they took a break on I 485 to approve EADs. Hopefully it reminded IOs about our cases and we will se our Green Cards soon.
Good Luck to everybody!

I have to yet receive anything on my EAD. Its been more than 2 months after the case was transferred. Everytime I call TSC IO they say that it is with the same officer looking at my I-485.