Congressman/Senator's office replies after how many days?

kashabasha

Registered Users (C)
Hello.

Does anybody have an idea how long after contacting local congressman/senator's office do they reply to an inquiry regarding immigration related matters? With next week's election, attending to such enquiries is of least priority to them, I suppose.

KB

kashabasha said:
Hello.

Does anybody have an idea how long after contacting local congressman/senator's office do they reply to an inquiry regarding immigration related matters? With next week's election, attending to such enquiries is of least priority to them, I suppose.

KB

My congressman inquiry took 4 weeks and it was right around the time of the primaries

I filed an inquiry with my senator in late May 2006 — never got any response.

I contacted both my congressman and one of my senators (this past summer). I waited 2 weeks and then called again. In both cases I tried to be as pleasant and polite as possible.

In both cases, I got "oh, sorry it's taking so long" and a response soon afterwards.

Yes, I imagine that the elections are confusing them (the aids may be loosing their jobs real soon, etc). However, it was explained to me that they were prevented from doing anything that was political.