Congressman Inquiry does not help??

goober71

Registered Users (C)
I had the local congressman's office call on my behalf. BCIS said it will be several months for my I485 to be approved. Said no problems with case, just the usual delay. My RD is 10/17/02. They said the dates are progressing slowly.
Does congressman's inquiry speed up matters or not? i thought it was supposed to.

Goober

Originally posted by goober71
I had the local congressman's office call on my behalf. BCIS said it will be several months for my I485 to be approved. Said no problems with case, just the usual delay. My RD is 10/17/02. They said the dates are progressing slowly.
Does congressman's inquiry speed up matters or not? i thought it was supposed to.

Goober

The fact that you received some answer can be considered as help.

goober,

It would be better if you stop worrying about it. There are cases 6 months old than yours waiting in line.

take it easy!

Consider that as NO HELP

I don't know what kind of HELP that is....but if you follow this
route ( I mean via Congressman ) , the answers you typically
get are :

1) Wait..have patience.. there are people ahead of you.

Yeah, right. As if I did not know that !!!!!!! And what
about people behind me who seem to have gone ahead ?
And how ??????

2) You will hear from them after INFINITE ( read 12, 18, 24 )
mths.

Yeah ..right. As if I didnt know that either.

I think there is a tacit and well - known understanding both in the
Political & Govt ( read INS ) community that these people who are
seeking these answers are a quiet, gentle and educated bunch.

They will take you seriously only if you are a community like
Elian Gonzalez who may burn tyres, cause riots. If you are
well-educated, gentlemanly, hey too bad.

Same thing

I contacted the congressmen as well and received the same answer... 6 months... As far as it helping, they do look up your file, but it most assuredly it would not be an officer doing adjudications, I wouldn't think... So, probably no effect.

Originally posted by goober71

Goober

Dude, chill off. There are some folks from Oct/Nov/Dec 2001 who're still waiting for their approval. USCIS might even push your file further down the pile for initiating an inquiry too early :D

well, if they say we go by the receipt date, then they should really go by the receipt date, and we should not see out of line approvals. makes me think, there is some kind of 'cutting in line' going on....:D

goober71,

I understand you anger. Trust me all of us been there: seeing people getting approved with RD 1,2,3... and then 9 months later then yours.

What I can suggest - relax, it doesn not help at all worrying about the crap. The thing is we can do about it nearly nothing.