Congratulations mfar!

PRUSA

Registered Users (C)
It’s a good thing you got the oath letter. But did you get a response from FBI? May be the name check was not the cause of the delay.

Last edited by a moderator:
PRUSA said:
It’s a good thing you got the oath letter. But did you get a response from FBI? May be the name check was not the cause of the delay. I am in Boston as well, had an interview in May and still waiting for oath.
Thanks, Prusa. It came as a suprise, actually. The letter was sitting for 2 weeks at my old address!!! I would have never known if it was not for my old landlord who notified me!!!
No, i did not receive anything from FBI yet (it's been 2.5 weeks since i faxed FOIPA request and 3 weeks since i e-mailed the name check request). I am curious to see when they are going to respond, even though it does not matter now :) You are right: may be the name check was not the issue...On 10/8/04 (after having waited for 4 months after the interview in June) i called the INS customer service # and ran into this nice lady on the phone, who said "Well, it's been more than 90 days after your interview and no word from your local DO...I am going to send them a request...They are supposed to update you on the status of your case within 30 days. If they don't - call us again and we will send another one". I, of course, asked her nicely if i could then just go to the Boston office and have a little chat in person...and she said:"Yes, you can, but just wait 30 days first". Well, i waited exactly a month and then i called the # again, and the other rep. looked up my file and said she saw the request went out on 10/8/04 but that's all she knows (the central ins customer service can't see the details of your case - only DO can). I told her i don't want another request to go out (they send total of 3), b/c i did not want to wait another 3 months, so she told me to do "infopass". I scheduled my appointment on the web through infopass to see an officer in Boston office this week. That's when, as a coincidence, i heard from my landlord who found the oath letter...I cancelled my infopass on the web, of course...The date on the oath letter stated 10/16/04 or around that (don't have it with me now), and the letter was definitely mailed on 10/22/04 (says on the postmark), so i don't know if the request from central INS on 10/08 played a part or not, but may be when they sent that request, INS in Boston went:"Oh, that's right! We totally forgot about Alien # "such and such" . She is all set to go!" Whatever it is, i was lucky, i guess...But for 4 months i did not hear anything...
Listen, you waited almost the same time. Have you contacted anybody about your case?

hm11 said:
Congratulations mfar. Its really great.
Thanks a bunch, hm11! I have been on this forum since June, when i had my interview...Everyone was very helpful! Thank you.

PRUSA said:
I have got 3 “name check still pending” replies from FBI, the last one in September. I am going to call 1-800 number today.
What is your oath date?
Wow, you received 3 already since May? I have not received one! yeah, definitely it does not hurt to call 800-number. My oath is on 11/8.

Boston oath

It looks like Boston District Office informs participants about the oath 6 weeks in advance.
How often do they conduct oath ceremonies in Boston? Once a month?

PRUSA said:
It looks like Boston District Office informs participants about the oath 6 weeks in advance.
How often do they conduct oath ceremonies in Boston? Once a month?

They do it twice a month.

mfar

By mfar: No, i did not receive anything from FBI yet (it's been 2.5 weeks since i faxed FOIPA request and 3 weeks since i e-mailed the name check request). I am curious to see when they are going to respond, even though it does not matter now

mfar:
Just curious. Have you ever got email response back from FBI regarding name check status ?
Thanks!!
-kind

Kind_SD said:
mfar:
Just curious. Have you ever got email response back from FBI regarding name check status ?
Thanks!!
-kind
Kind:
No, i have not heard anything at all. It's now been a month and a few days since i requested both FOIPA and name check requests.

krt,
i hope it's not going to take 6 hours as mentioned in the letter :)
everybody tells me it does not take that long

mfar said:
krt,

Well, it may take 5 and a half :)
My wife was attending a ceremony a year ago (I am behind her that much). It took about 4 hours and hers was held in Faneuil Hall and its scope was smaller. Seriously, I think it will take less than they state but still more than reasonable amount of time.

krt

krt said:
Well, it may take 5 and a half :)
My wife was attending a ceremony a year ago (I am behind her that much). It took about 4 hours and hers was held in Faneuil Hall and its scope was smaller. Seriously, I think it will take less than they state but still more than reasonable amount of time.

krt
Thanks for letting me know! Well, it should not be starting at 8am anyway, so my fiance may even run to his 8am class and still be able to make it to the ceremony :) Wow, i am glad you are all set now....Gee, you had to wait a year after your wife? That's ridiculous! I am happy it's all behind you :)

mfar said:
Thanks for letting me know! Well, it should not be starting at 8am anyway, so my fiance may even run to his 8am class and still be able to make it to the ceremony :) Wow, i am glad you are all set now....Gee, you had to wait a year after your wife? That's ridiculous! I am happy it's all behind you :)

Thanks. However it will be behind only after the ceremony :) .

krt:
that's right! i was about to say the same thing! it ain't over till it's over :)
well, fingers crossed :)

mfar said:
krt,

mfar,

I checked my letter and it says that it will take 5 hours and will start at 9am.
Does yours say 8am?

krt