CONGRATS - July VB reversed - File ur I-485

rambaba

Registered Users (C)
Per August VB (ALL UNAVAILABLE) http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3269.html , JULY VB is reverted back to old.

Here is the note:
D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY

After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.

Per note #D, July VB is reverted to old (All EB current except OTHER category) - CONGRATS GUYS. You got another 14 days to file your I-485. July VB still shows the update of July 2nd. May be there will be another update to say this explicitly.

USCIS didn't want all their dirty laundry and skeletons in the closet to become public as a result of the lawsuit. So they would rather deal with the floodgates than go through a detailed audit and court-ordered discovery of the shady business that was going on.

http://aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22912

USCIS Announces Revised Processing Procedures for Adjustment of Status Applications

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that, beginning immediately, it will accept employment-based applications to adjust status (Form I-485) filed by aliens whose priority dates are current under the July Visa Bulletin, No. 107. USCIS will accept applications filed not later than August 17, 2007.

On July 2, 2007, USCIS announced that it would not accept any additional employment-based applications to adjust status. USCIS made that announcement after receiving an update from the Department of State that it would not authorize any additional employment-based visa numbers for this fiscal year. After consulting with USCIS, the Department of State has advised that Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) has been withdrawn.

“The public reaction to the July 2 announcement made it clear that the federal government’s management of this process needs further review,” said Emilio Gonzalez, USCIS Director. “I am committed to working with Congress and the State Department to implement a more efficient system in line with public expectations.”

USCIS’s announcement today allows anyone who was eligible to apply under Visa Bulletin No. 107 a full month’s time to do so. Applications already properly filed with USCIS will also be accepted. The current fee schedule will apply to all applications filed under Visa Bulletin No. 107 through August 17, 2007. (The new fee schedule that becomes effective on July 30, 2007, will apply to all other applications filed on or after July 30, 2007).

Last edited by a moderator:
For entertainment purpose (no offense meant)

Realizing July VB reinstatement, AITCSA (American IT Consulting Slavery Association) has called for urgent meeting scheduled to tackle this issue:

Dear Members

With reference to the re-instatement of July VB, board of members has organized urgent meeting to discuss the various options, in our main office (basement).

Main agenda of this meeting:
1. How to delay or avoid filing I-485 petitions.
2. Asking for bond or bribe (service fee) to give employment letter for I-485 filing
3. Discuss Plan-B of business, as our cash-cow may get the freedom soon. This is one of the important agenda as we need to have alternate business plan. Its very unlikely for many of us to go back to software developer job.

We expect absolute decency in behaviour and here is the code of conduct:
1. No family members.
2. Food will NOT be served. No outside food also.
3. No shouting and absolutely No Crying.
4. Park only in allotted area.
5. No Pan or beeda
6. Clean & Pressed dress. Deodarant & little perfume.
7. People with bad-breath are allowed to bring mouth wash. (Please use it quite often, uhh)

In addition, all members will be thoroughly inspected before they leave the basement shop due to improper behaviour of many members such as taking away diapers, pencil, notebooks, post-it notes, and other undocumented documents.

JOKES APART: Please do NOT pay anyone from public forum like this portal, ImmigrationVoice etc to save on lawyer fee in filing I-485. Go to good (REAL) lawyer. Many people have reported in this portal that there are cases where a non-licenced people are offering such services. If your lawyer is busy then look for another good one. Dont use this as excuse to go for non-licenced people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great News !!

Per August VB (ALL UNAVAILABLE) http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3269.html , JULY VB is reverted back to old.

Here is the note:
D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY

After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.

Per note #D, July VB is reverted to old (All EB current except OTHER category) - CONGRATS GUYS. You got another 14 days to file your I-485. July VB still shows the update of July 2nd. May be there will be another update to say this explicitly.

I don't know what exactly worked.

Whether it was Zoe Lofgren's 3 day notice or AILA's threats of suing or IV's flower campaign and San Jose Rally or Murthy's Petition.

But whatever did it, its great news and my congratulations to everyone who were stuck due to the July Fiasco. :)

All our cooperation won the victory

Hi all,

Its not a single efforts. Its from thousands of people. With this we should to USCIS we are united and will acheive things with non violence.

Thanks for everyone for their support and lawyers for their efforts.