Confusion!! Please help!

lipa

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks:
I applied for my wife's EAD on 10-03-2003 electronically and also mine today. Ours is renewal case. To my surprize, my wifes' receipt # starts with MSCxxx and mine with SRCxxx. The postal address to mail documents is also different. My wife has to mail the documents to BCIS Service Center (MO) and I need to mail to BCIS TSC (Mesquite, Texas). How's that possible?
I made a comparison and observed that while filing my wifes EAD, I mentioned "Dallas" as INS office where I applied for EAD previously. I selected "Texas Service Center' in my case.
What is the correct answer to this question(Q 11 of I-765)?
How can I ammend the incorrect application ? Have I to re-apply for the one which is wrong ? I did recieve receipt notice from TSC, Mesquite for my wife's application.

Please help!. Respond ASAP.

Thanks !

reapplication is the only solution now. You have to mention where the 485 is pending Dallas ASC or TSC. You have to pay for the mistake.

Its better to call the number which you will get after filling electronically to setup the appointment. Call that number and try to get it fixed , it may take little bit extra time, but I hope so it will get fixed.

Thanks
Prabhu

lipa

I dont think thats a problem In my case, our cases got transferred to Houston office on May 03. We both sent our EAD applications to the local office. Mine got approved from the local office and she got a receipt from the MSC. You need not reapply or pay extra. Even if you specify Dallas, it dosent matter. MSC is the central service center. Dont worry as long s you have applied before 90 days of your EAD expiry. If the EAD is not approved even after 90 days, you can go to the local office and get an intrim EAD.

later.

EAD Timeline changed ?

Thankyou all!
I will speak to 1-800 to find out next course of action. Your help was great.