Confusion about approval stamp after interview

felistigris

Hi, :)
My sister just had an interview (greencard through marriage) and she is approved by the INS officer. However in her passport they have written

"Processed for temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent jun 6 2006 employment authorized" with the stamp. :confused:
(my english and knowledge is not good enough to understand this sentence)

and the officer says her she will get her card like 10 months.

As far as I learn from these forums, she supposed to get a permanent card because she was married more than 2 years already. (She is married for 5 years and she is in US for 1.5 years)
My questions are:

Is the greencard approval she got temporary or permanent?
What does that note means? does she need to apply 3 months before June 6 to make her greencard permanent like temporary greencard holders.

Thanks in advance to everyone. :) ...

Last edited by a moderator:
man do not worry ...

Your sister is after the stamping a legal permanent resident of the united states congrats to her . What you read on the passport is the proof of a legal status and employment granted , she can now travel with her passport with the stamp and it is valid till 2006 . Do not worry i think the officer wanted to tell her that she will receive the greencard in the mail between 3 to 10 weeks . Congrats to her she just have to wait for it in the mail that`s it ....

best regards

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your prompt and clear response. I think she will be happier when she hears this.

Thanks again....
:)

Hi, I got the same stamp in my passport as your sister. I think that is just a temporary proof for you getting the green card. I was told to receive the card in 6 months too. don't know why takes so long, your sister's 10 months?