bringslite said:
Filed for asylum: 10/92
Interviewed: 03/97
Granted: 07/97
I-485 Filed: May 00
Lin-00-173-xxxxx-Received: May 25, 2000

FP: April 04

Nothing Yet
Why did you wate 3 years to file. You should have applied on 7/98. Hopefully you will get your green card in the new fiscal year starting october 2004. Good luck

Tell me about it!

Well, by the time I got my case approved, I was too broke to apply for adjustment. But any how, do not you think the former INS should back-date my green card a few years (if I ever get it)? :D

They had lost my file and they admitted it, but never informed me, so after writing to them all these years (from 1993) they never responded until I transferred my case and moved, then they finally interviewed me. :mad:

bringslite said:
Well, by the time I got my case approved, I was too broke to apply for adjustment. But any how, do not you think the former INS should back-date my green card a few years (if I ever get it)? :D

They had lost my file and they admitted it, but never informed me, so after writing to them all these years (from 1993) they never responded until I transferred my case and moved, then they finally interviewed me. :mad:
Unfortunately they will also look at the date of your I-485 application and will then back date your green card. It is a sad state of affair.

Are you saying that if the person applied for adjustment in 2000 and gets the GC in FY 2005, the GC will be backdated 5 years (back to 2000)?

I hope So!

Well, I hope so. Because in this case I will be able to apply for citizenship! It actually happened to a friend of mine. I think the former INS "goofed" and his GC was dated according to his ASYLUM approval date. A year later he bacme a US citizen :D !

bringslite said:
Well, I hope so. Because in this case I will be able to apply for citizenship! It actually happened to a friend of mine. I think the former INS "goofed" and his GC was dated according to his ASYLUM approval date. A year later he bacme a US citizen :D !

Please check out ur friend is refuge or asylee.

must be a mistake some how
asylees get one year only backdated GC
but i wish and i hope it s not a mistake and they treat us like the refugees
best regards...

Well!

I hope so too. But I do not know why the preferential treatment toward refugees, even though most asylees have already been in this country for a while (longer than refugees for the most part), and have paid taxes that support bringing the refugees (and Lotto people) into this country? :confused:

karina said:
Are you saying that if the person applied for adjustment in 2000 and gets the GC in FY 2005, the GC will be backdated 5 years (back to 2000)?
No it will only be backdated one year. For example if you got your green card yesterday july 6th 2004 you will receive a card that says you received it july 6 2003. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification shamshon. That would still help..it means 3 years to citizenship :D ....or none (if you go active duty!)