Confusing Situation

Lunar

Registered Users (C)
I'm an American woman who works as a webmaster. A couple of years ago I began working with a web programmer from the U.K.
We ended up meeting and remained a couple. We've been dating for over a year now and we've become a bit confused with some of the visitation rules.

I've visited him on vacation a couple of seperate occassions.

He's visited me only once in January of this year for 90 days exactly.
According to what we've read, he's only allowed a 90 day visit, and his income not to exceed that of 3k per visit.

Does this apply if his employer is Canadian?

And also, will he be able to visit me again this year, assuming the 90 day limit renews upon departure? Or is the 90 day rule for the entire year?

We don't qualify for Visa's as of late, but would like to know what options would be best to take in our odd situation.

Also, we are planning on marrying, but haven't yet discussed the details in full.

Last edited by a moderator:
he can always keep the work permit as an option...

apart from that since u r saying u r a american i am assuming you are a citizen and if u get married it should not be a problem whag so ever...

apart from that he can get intouch with hr of companies in britain and see if he could work for them and get a l1...
http://www.workpermit.com/us/us_l1.htm
Lunar said:
I'm an American woman who works as a webmaster. A couple of years ago I began working with a web programmer from the U.K.
We ended up meeting and remained a couple. We've been dating for over a year now and we've become a bit confused with some of the visitation rules.

I've visited him on vacation a couple of seperate occassions.

He's visited me only once in January of this year for 90 days exactly.
According to what we've read, he's only allowed a 90 day visit, and his income not to exceed that of 3k per visit.

Does this apply if his employer is Canadian?

And also, will he be able to visit me again this year, assuming the 90 day limit renews upon departure? Or is the 90 day rule for the entire year?

We don't qualify for Visa's as of late, but would like to know what options would be best to take in our odd situation.

Also, we are planning on marrying, but haven't yet discussed the details in full.