Confused ????

OneOfTheAlien

Registered Users (C)
:confused:
I am planning to file my 7th year extension. My employer filed my h1b extension last year , for until Jan 31st, 2006.

So, what are the fees i have to pay for h1b and h4 .

Is that I-129 Filing Fee ( $185.00 * 2 = 370) is the only amount i have to pay ?

Please advise us !

Yes...thats correct ..If you have already had an H1b from this company and this is merely a request for extension you are exempted from the trainning fee..(Think its $1800 or somethin like that) ...

I remember my lawyer cautioning me that INS may reject H1b app for incorrect fees..Cos many of the INS officers are not aware that the trainning fee is exempted for application for exisiting H1b petitions...

Good luck and all the best

orangetreats

OneOfTheAlien said:
:confused:
I am planning to file my 7th year extension. My employer filed my h1b extension last year , for until Jan 31st, 2006.

So, what are the fees i have to pay for h1b and h4 .

Is that I-129 Filing Fee ( $185.00 * 2 = 370) is the only amount i have to pay ?

Please advise us !

Please advise :confused:

My employer just told me , this is my first extension ,since the first filing for h1b is not considered as extension ( I was thinking , when I joined with this new employer on my 4th year , it will be considered as Extension). So it is not merely 185 / head.

So, my question, is what are the fees I have to pay for H1b and H4 ?

Please advise :)