Confused with Receipt Date and Notice Date

wonderfulboy

Registered Users (C)
Guys i am totally confused with Receipt Date (RD) and Notice Date (ND)??

When we mail the application for I-485 it is Mail Date (MD)
When we get the Receipt Notice that we have entered your application into our system on and so date they will send receipt that is called Receipt Date (RD)

What is the Notice Date (ND) ????

Finally when the application is approved on some date that is called as Approved Date (AD).

Can you help me......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When they issue a Notice, The letter from INS that has your EAC number. EAC number is given based on the ND, the case is processed in the order of RD.

Rect does not have a EAC number, it just to say "we recieved your app on such date"

rd - the day ins received your mail
nd - the day ins entered your information in to their system.

forget about md.

To Wonderfulboy

HI,

Did you get the receipt notices for your 485, EAD and AP applications. I had mailed my package during the first week of December and I am yet to receive the receipt notices.

Thanks

Still not convinced :confused:

Let me take my example

I did fedex my packet for I-140/485/EAD/AP on December 3rd from my attorney office.

Vermont MailRoom Received the Packet as per Fedex Tracking on December 4th 2002.

Then when my attorney called Vermont Representative 3 days back they told that the same day i.e. 14th January 2003 they entered my i-140 and i-485 application into their system and they gave EAC numbers for those applications. I hope that is Receipt date??? :p

Then after that i will get finally the approval right :D

Then what is this notice date in between??

Can anyone clear my doubt that i have???

Clarification ...

Receipt Date: Dec 4th, 2002
Notice Date : January 14th, 2003

Mailing Date (or Fedex/UPS date) of Dec 3, 2002 means nothing.

Reciept date: Dec 4th

Notice date: Most probably Jan 13th when it is entered into the system

Your EAD/140/485 application will be processed based on Notice date. The significance of reciept date is that after 180 days from Reciept date one can use AC121 rule to shift their jobs to another employer with similar job description.

Just concentrate on your Notice date which would be shortly recieved by your attorney for all future references with INS and it will make your life easier.

Hope this is as clear as mud.

Thank you guys for the response. I hope i will receive my notice dates by next week.

Once again thanks for this message board which is very informative.:cool: