Confused-live in Miami-N-400 sent to Texas

chicaloca

I'm sorry in advance if I am asking a *stupid* question, I'm having brain overload tonight. We applied for Naturalization for my husband after being married for 3 years (I'm a US Citizen) back in 1999. After going thru the whole process they said we filed like a week too early. Ok, fine. We appealed, they still denied. Soooo he let it go and now we refiled again and recieved the letter with a priority date of 12/03/04. I checked the Miami listing of the processing dates and also the Texas service center. The Texas site doesn't list N-400 applications, only Miami does. And they list the current processing (as of 11.30.04) as October 14,2003. :eek: The letter we received says you will be notified within 730 days of this notice. OMG!!! That's crazy!! I know last time it was before 9/11 and it didn't take that long to do the fingerprints and get an interview. He is a little disappointed, but then again we should have just refiled back then and gotten it over with. So I guess what I need to know is- Is that the date we need to pay attention to?? Out of the Miami office? I have been reading and people say that Florida is SLOW in processing, which I can believe, just kind of shocked.

Any input or information you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

it does take about one and half years now from receipt date to oath mine is on sept 03 application approved on nov 04 but still waiting for oath