Confused and frustrated!!

scopius

Registered Users (C)
My priority date has been current for 3 months. Receipt date has been with in processing dates for 3 months (Jun 21, 2007).

When I call Texas center using POJ they say that they do not have any information or I have to wait.
Reason: "485 receipt date" in not past 30 days of "texas center processing date". I can not create service request either.

When askd about my "name check" they do not have any info or they can not see that. Is there a way I can create infopass?? I don't even know if I qualify for creating infopass appointment. I have written letters to congressmen. Don't know what will happen.

I am frustrated and confused on what to do next!!
Any suggestions??

All you can do is wait. They will do nothing but tell you to go away if your filing date is not significantly outside the processing time. For Texas they are now at July 17, 2007, less than 1 month from your receipt date.

Hi scopius,

We are in the same boat. My I-485 RD is also june 21, 2007 and PD is current for three months. When I called USCIS Texas center, they kept asking me to wait until my PD is outside the process date for more than a month. Otherwise, I cannot file a service request. But, you can make an appointment for infopass. Last week, I went to the infopass appointment and was told that my (and family's) name check is not cleared yet. But, according to the memo, I am elligible to receive a temporary green card because my name check is already pending more than 180 days. Right now, I can do nothing but just wait to see if USCIS processing date this month can move to what is so called "more than a month". Then, I will call USCIS Texas center to file service request.

----------------
PD: EB2 China May 8, 2003
I-485 RD: June 21, 2007
I-485 ND: July 25, 2007
FP: Aug 28, 2007
EAD and Travel document: Renewed once
Any LUD: no any LUD since July 25, 2007

Hi Tommy

thanks for sharing your experiences.
I see that you went for infopass.
Which option to choose while setting up infopass appointment?

Because after "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" selection, which option to choose -

1. Order from Immigration Court
2. Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.
3. EAD inquiry appointment
4. Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

I will share my experiences from infopass.
Thanks

Hi scopius,

To make an infopass appointment, here is the Web site: http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and steps:
1. Click "Click here for English".
2. Click "Clcik Here make your appointment with INFOPASS".
3. Type in your Zip Code and click "Continue".
4. Select "You need information or other services" and click "Continue". (Do not select "You need Service on a case that has already been filed". That option is used for those who received a letter from USCIS for interview or submitting more documents).
5. Click "Continue" button.
6. Type in your personal information and click "Continue" button.
7. Choose an available date (just follow the instruction online, you will not get missed).

I hope that in infopass appointment you will get encourging news that your name check is cleared.

----------------

Hi Tommy_Yahoo_com,

If I want to go along with my wife (to get her status too), the online form asks for Alien Number and receipt numbers in the personal information section of the form. What to do?
should I just fill mine?

Hi scopius,

You do not need to schedule two appointments. One for yourself is enough. During the meet, you can check your wife's and family's status too. Your wife can go with you. But, I do not know if the securiy guard allows your wife to go in. If not, your wife can wait outside the building. The appointment is very short, usually just takes less than 5 min.
The Alien Number is the number starting with Axxxxxx. Once filing a I-485, a person is assigned an Alien Number. If you do not have it, ask your lawyer. The Receipt Number is the I-485 receipt number, starting with SRCxxxxxxxx. When going to the appointment, remember to carry the following documents:
1. Drvice license.
2. I-485 Notification of Receipt form. If you do not have it, asking your lawyer to make a photocopy for you. The SRCxxxxxxx receipt number is on the I-485 Notification of Receipt form.
3. You must know the SRCxxxxxxx receipt number. The officier searches your file by receipt number.

Good luck.