confused about the status, crossing fingers now

haimi

Registered Users (C)
I got an email earlier this morning from TSC premium processing saying it has approved my 140 petition. I immediately checked the status online, it still said "premium process request received".

However, 1 hour earlier, the online system showed "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

I e-filed 140 on April 9 (see more details below). Now very confused because TSC sent me a receipt notice on April 10 and a receipt notice of premium processing on April 13. There is no such RFE. So why the system says "response to RFE received" now? Hope it's a mistake.

crossing fingers now.

These are all computer glitches and common for all e-filed cases. You can find plenty of examples in this forum. Your true approval email will come from CHRIS. So just sit tight and wait.

Haimi,

If you look at thread from Reza_NIW, he had similar issue. He got approval email and online status was similar to what you mentioned. But later he actually got RFE. So I don't know if you fall in similar category.

My PP date is April 13 and I am also eagerly waiting from their respone. Did you receive any I-797?

Triv

This computer gliches abosolutely does NOT mean that you would get RFE. Everybody who e-files and upgrades to PP gets these emails. If you look at cases like madgugc, NSC-eb1-rfe, dgrajan etc...they all got approved. So do not panic.

thanks eb1a-query and Triv! Your information helped a lot! I will wait and see what happens. Will update everyone ASAP.

Hi Haimi,

Computer glitches are not unusual. There were several cases where the day TSC received the pp request on the same day the applicants got receipt and approval notice (not from CRIS).

Don't worry. Relax and I wish your approval will come soon.

Good luck

Hi

I just now received email from Texas Premium processing service that my I-140 is approved. I am sure this is computer glitches as it is not from CRIS. The approval email does have my date of birth and receipt number but no classification or priority date. Lets see what happens. Just FYI, I made a paper based request for PP and e-filed I-140 and had LUDs almost daily starting April 6, when I filed this case.

Good Luck Haimi,

Triv

Good luck Haimi. Wishing you that the approval comes soon. I am also awaiting response to my petition. I have almost the same timeline as yours.

I got an email earlier this morning from TSC premium processing saying it has approved my 140 petition. I immediately checked the status online, it still said "premium process request received".

However, 1 hour earlier, the online system showed "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

I e-filed 140 on April 9 (see more details below). Now very confused because TSC sent me a receipt notice on April 10 and a receipt notice of premium processing on April 13. There is no such RFE. So why the system says "response to RFE received" now? Hope it's a mistake.

crossing fingers now.

Haimi,

The same happened to me. My guess is this -

You probably sent your documents to Mesquite, TX address after filing your I-140 online. But, the PP center is in Dallas, TX. So, when you requested PP online, your documents were not at Dallas. Hence, they might have issued an RFE for documents. But, meanwhile they would have noted that your documents were at Mesquite and then would have transfered the same to Dallas. Hence, now the status shows that 'Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed'.

So, not to worry. The same thing happened with me and many others in this forum. As said by everyone, the emails from TSC PP section about the approval are unfortunately fake. You should be getting the real approval mail (usually 3 mails) from CRIS.

One more thing, I might be wrong. When I spoke to an immigration officer at TSC regarding my case he said.... "we DO NOT mention priority date or any thing else on the approval EMAIL, they will be mentioned only in the APPROVAL NOTICE". Hope this helps.... my approval email from CRIS did not contain the Priority Date.

AND, FYI - Priority date is usually the day you submitted your I-140 online i.e. 4/9/2007 in your case.

GOOD LUCK.

dgrajan,

many thanks for the information! It seems that quite a few people get the same glitches this morning. For my case, your guess makes sense, now I just hope that they will still process it within 15 days, not the 60 days after "case resumed" as indicated by the online status.

wish all of us good luck!

dgrajan,

many thanks for the information! It seems that quite a few people get the same glitches this morning. For my case, your guess makes sense, now I just hope that they will still process it within 15 days, not the 60 days after "case resumed" as indicated by the online status.

wish all of us good luck!

Yes, I was worried about that too. But, usually the same time next week you should know something. They are taking about 7-8 days. So, relax (I know it is easy said) and hope and pray for the best. Wish you good luck.

Just got an email reply from a TSC premium processing immigration officer confirming that it was a computer glitch:"the response mean that we have received the supporting document. This petition has not been approved."

wish all of us good luck again and we will get good news soon!