Conflicts in 485 processing dates!!!

follow_on

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody observed this ... the processing date for 485 EB application is 7/13/01 as of 7/31/01 - according dates published in murthy.com, immigration-law.com, shusterman.com

But on immigration.com today I noticed the date is 01/24/01 !!!

I am fairly positive this used to show 7/13/01 until this morning.

Any ideas where we can get the official processing time? I was going to call the senator today since (I thought) my case was overdue. But this Jan date makes it NOT overdue. Also, I thought showing the senator the official date from INS will give credibility to my concern.

BTW, when I called NSC lastweek the IIO told me they were processing January cases - at that point I thought she was pulling a date out of thin air just to blow me off.

RD 6/12/2001
ND 7/27/2001
FP 2/22/2002
LIN 01 229 XXXXX
I-140 approved for CP but applied for AOS

:confused: :confused:

Yup..I saw that,and I guess the

other websites will follow suit in reverting the processing dates to Jan 2001.Where NSC is concerned,these dates mean nothing,and we need to follow the trend of approvals from this site and rupnet.
As for your case,I guess you should wait a while and see if the other sites follow suit soon,and then definitely contact a senator.NSC is one of the most inefficient and non-standard Service Centers.
Hang in there bud!
Hope this helps
cheers
Jack

hope its a typo ...

i just hope the jan date shown here is typo - i hate to see the dates fall back all the way to jan.

thanks guys for your comments. i will just wait a few more days before i make noise with my senator.

To : fOLLOW_oN

There is no use calling the senator, As I see your I140 was approved for CP and they have to make a so called connection to I140 from your home country counsulate. I saw people with Dec 2000 RD just getting approval last month because their I140 was approved for CP. So be patient and hang in there your I485 will take longer time than regular 485s

Ram

Today www.immigration-law.com has posted NSC I-485 processing date as 01/24/2001.

I still think this is a typo. As per that website NSC is now going to give bi-monthly reports.

Considering that as of 07/31/2002 they were processing 07/13 then in 15 days they should have progressed (not regressed) to 07/24/2001

like i said, just my take on this

thanks

follow_on

Please post you experience in
"Complicated cases!. I140 approval for CP or I140 done with other SCs".

Did you call NVC to find where is your I-140 file? Is INS is still waiting to connect your I-140 file with I-485?

Thanks in advance

Guys I called the NSC about processing dates and according to them the 01/24/2001 dates are wrong, its a mistake, currently they are processing for on 06/18/2001. Thank god !!

:)

I just checked it at other sites.
immigration-law.com shows same dates ( 01/24/2001 ).
I think it is correct. But like some one in this forum said, NSC releasing dates may show that , but not necessarily processing.
May be they don't want too many people to call and follow up on their delayed cases thru senators and all that.
As per rupnet.com they are still processing july cases.
I guess I will try to see what NSC working on based on this forum and rupnet.com

ok..so now NSC is taking 2yrs +

for I485 EB adjudication.
So now I have given up all hopes for approval,till the next year at least (ND Oct 2001)..my lawyer confirmed it too.they are processing Jan 2001 cases.
Ok..here's my question:
can we transfer / file a new petition in a different center (I am eligible to file in California,as I reside here)
IS there a way I can transfer my I140,and file a fresh I-485??
Any reply appreciated..
I had managed to keep my cool thus far..but now I have lost it..
sorry...
JAck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jack,

Why do it all over again? You are almost there and there's still a good chance you'll get it by this year end.........just hang in there, bud :)

thanks man....

I appreciate the encouragement...this board is great...
it's just that NSC doesnt seem to quit does it..??
IT's one good news after another :rolleyes:
..I am usually upbeat,and positive..but this..wow!!it takes the cake...
oh well..c'est la vie...
thanks again...
Cheers!
jack

doesn't make any sense

Processing date "01/24/2001" doesn't make any sense at all since there have been so many approvals for the past few months. I hope it's a typo. My 2 cents.

Thanks
-Mog:confused:

IIO is saying it is taking 12-15 months

now, so figure out now they are processing: from May-Aug 2001 according to ND. but IIO said they process according to RD!!
I think he even doesn't know what RD and ND is about.