***Confirmed*** - September Mumbai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Re: satish...

Originally posted by sm99999
Thanks for the very detailed post. I am still confuse what to answer (shoud checked or unchecked?) if they asked.
Are we supposed to check mark on that box if asked?

Well you need not to do anything for #35 at this time. It clearly says "Do not write below this line..."

In front of consular officer we need to sign. They will check for Employment Based for us.

CP experts please help.....Packet 3 missing!!!!

My case was reviewed by NVC on Aug 28th and forwarded on same date to Mumbai consulate by DHL,which was delivered as per the tracking on Sept 2nd.Till date Mumbai consulate maintains that they are yet to receive my papers.They normally enter the case into their system within 2-3 days of receipt.I have also faxed to the consulate the letter from NVC ,which states that they have completed the review and the case has been forwarded to the consulate.But there is no response to the fax.When I called NVC,they say they will take action only after the consulate contacts them.On the other hand the consulate is being unco-operative.I am in a dilema as to what to do now.Has anybody faced this kind of a situation before?Pls. suggest a way out of this situation

CP success on Sep 17

Hi FOLKS!

Glad to inform ya'll that I successfully finished the CP interview on Sep 17 @ Mumbai. I have a detailed post at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59850 : note that this is no different from the intvw experiences posted earlier, so probably only the first para will be of any interest.

:D :D :D

Thanks everyone, this forum made the entire CP process a walk in the park. Sincerely, thanks very much.

- Nilesh.

Re: CP success on Sep 17

Had straight forward CP interview success (NO QUESTIONS ASKED !) on 24/sep...

Thanks to all of you....

Originally posted by nilujaya
Hi FOLKS!

Glad to inform ya'll that I successfully finished the CP interview on Sep 17 @ Mumbai. I have a detailed post at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59850 : note that this is no different from the intvw experiences posted earlier, so probably only the first para will be of any interest.

:D :D :D

Thanks everyone, this forum made the entire CP process a walk in the park. Sincerely, thanks very much.

- Nilesh.

Gkothari did you pay visa fees $65

Gkothari did you pay NVC $335. If so did you have to pay $65 visa fees. Please let us know.
Thanks,
Bapa

successful CP on 23rd Sept

Had a successful CP on 23rd Sept. It was a smooth experience inside the consulate, except for the long times spent waiting for our turn. Thanks to all contributors to this board in helping make the experince a cake walk !
Shall post my detailed experience a little later, questions are welcome.

Arun

Re: Gkothari did you pay visa fees $65

I had paid $260 per person to NVC... Hence at the consulate I paid $65 per person.

Originally posted by Bapa
Gkothari did you pay NVC $335. If so did you have to pay $65 visa fees. Please let us know.
Thanks,
Bapa

POrt of entry requirement

I had successful interview on
19th of sept at Mumbai Consulate. Thanks to everyone for guiding me thru whole process.

I am leaving India tomorrow for US. What all I need to do at port of entry (Chicago)

I guess all I need is
1. Mine and my wife's passport.
2. sealed envelop which was given by consulate (for both me and my wife)

Is that all I need to show or anything else required. I checked immihelp.com and it said we need to show visa in passport (I don't have any visa in passport) and sealed envelop given by Hospital. But I already submitted this sealed envelop given by hospital to consulate which was never returned to me.

Could you guys help me here as to what all I need.

Mukund

done...

Hey Guys,

I had successfulk interview on 19th sept. at Mumbai Consulate. It was reallt very smooth. Staff there is very courteous. I finally returned back with my wife to US 2 days back. My port of entry was Chicago, again very very simple process. It took just 10 minutes for both of us to complete formalities on Chicago airport.

I thank everyone who helped me understand the process and guided me at every stage. It's a great site and we should keep it going.

(monk12)

POE at JFK on 12/Oct/2002

Had a smooth POE experience at JFK on 12/Oct/2002... It took total of appx 10 minutes with NO questions asked... Was just asked to sign and give finger prints on the form....

All done... Thanks to all of you.