***Confirmed*** - October Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

additional days for medical

Originally posted by kdivekar
Is there any restriction on the number of days before an IV interview, that we should have the medicals done.
Answer: There is no restriction as such. Most medical reports are available the same evening unless if more check up is required. It is recommended to keep 2-3 days gap between interview and medical check up so that if you need additional tests then they can be taken care off.

ex. if the person has had tb in the past,
even if currently benign,
3 day sputum test is required.

Folks,
Anyone else that i missed from the list, there seem to be a lot of guys scheduled for Oct interviews. Others please speak up.

Alos when are you guys planning on leaving to india and specifically when are you guys planning on getting your medicals donce.

Oct 29th at 10 AM

My interview is on Oct. 29th @ 10 AM.

Blocked tickets to leave on Oct 24th from Denver on Cathay pacific returning on Nov 9th.

Planning for medicals on oct. 27th. I hope I am giving myself enough time.

Oct 29 at 9.00 AM

Hello,

I have my interview on 10/29/03 at 9.00 AM.

I will be leaving for India on Oct 16 and plan on getting the medicals done on Oct 20-21.

When my folks called to take an appointment with the Labs and Doctor, Both have said that they need the appointment letter.

In my case, the P4 was mailed to my texas address. I do not know if it would reach me in time.
I am thinking i will go to the Consulate on Oct 20 Morning and get a copy of the letter.

I beleive, you have to be at the Lister Labs by 9.00-9.30 AM to get the lab results on the same day. And so you could schedule the doctor's appointment on the next day.

Thanks
Jkaipa

Re: Oct 29 at 9.00 AM

Originally posted by jkaipa
Hello,

I have my interview on 10/29/03 at 9.00 AM.

I will be leaving for India on Oct 16 and plan on getting the medicals done on Oct 20-21.

When my folks called to take an appointment with the Labs and Doctor, Both have said that they need the appointment letter.

In my case, the P4 was mailed to my texas address. I do not know if it would reach me in time.
I am thinking i will go to the Consulate on Oct 20 Morning and get a copy of the letter.

I beleive, you have to be at the Lister Labs by 9.00-9.30 AM to get the lab results on the same day. And so you could schedule the doctor's appointment on the next day.

Thanks
Jkaipa

For getting an appointment you just need to give your name,
they don't need appointment letter.

Actually for Lister Labs you don't need appointment, as you have stated if you are there before 9.00 or 9.30 you will get your
reports the same day at or after 4.30 PM.

You need to take an appointment for the doctor. The following
is one of the doctor's contact info:

Dr. V. Raj Kumar
Phone: 282 65122
email: venkatraman_rajkumar@vsnl.net

Note this is only ONE among a list of 4 or 5 doctors and you are
free to choose any one among them.

Look around and you will find contact info. of other doctors

Raju

For the interest of those who did not recieve their P4, heres the address for Lister labs and all the doctors

Lister Laboratory, 3 Jagannathan Road, Chennai 600 034
Tel: 8278971, 8234429, 8202666, 8202777 Hours: 8 am to 10:30 am, Mon – Sat; pickup daily 5:30 to 6:30

Dr. V. Rajkumar, 1 Club Road, Chetpet, Chennai 600 031
Tel: 8265122 Hours: 8 am to noon, Mon – Sat

Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi, Padma Nursing Home, 753 Poonamalle High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai 600 010
Tel: 6413445, 6413446 Hours: 10 am to 4 pm, Mon – Sat

Dr. Mathai Thomas, Best Hospital Pvt. Ltd., 9 Vellala Street, Kodambakkam, Chennai 600 024
Tel: 4832777, 4832781, 4831407 Hours: 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm, Mon – Sat

Dr. Usha Sriram, E.V. Kalyani Hospital, No. 4, 2nd Street, Dr. Radhakrishna Road, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004
Tel: 8547475, 8521941 Hours: 9 am to noon, Mon – Fri

So far,

mbm - Oct 28th
sunny-gc - Oct 28th
amigo777 - Oct 28th 8am
gfgc - Oct 29th 8am
jkaipa - Oct 29th
marksai - Oct 29th 10am

October interviews

So far,

mbm - Oct 28th
sunny-gc - Oct 28th
amigo777 - Oct 28th 8am
gfgc - Oct 29th 8am
jkaipa - Oct 29th
marksai - Oct 29th 10am
kswaminathan - Oct 30th 9 am

gc doctors in chennai

amigo777,

Thanks for posting the contact info for lab and doctors in Chennai. I have not received packet4-- so i will be downloading the docs from http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhiv.html.

I noticed that in MedicalExamCoverLetter.pdf that was just downloaded, from the above url, does not include Dr. Usha Sriram. Was she included in packet-4 that you received?

what forms to download?

What forms do I need to download (since I did not receive packet4)?

so far I have downloaded ds230 part1&2, I-134, and MedicalExamCoverLetter.pdf. The text from MedicalExamCoverLetter.pdf has the following text:
"The person named above has been medically
examined by me and my report is submitted on
the attached DS forms."

What "DS" forms? Are there other forms I need to download, print and take with me to the medical exams?

POE ??

Guys

Have recd my appointment letter by mail on 09/29/03.
No other information or document enclosed with it.

Question on POE :

1) Any news on what happens at POE. What kind of questions/documents are necessary ? Also, once we get off the aircradt - which immigration line do we follow - Citizen/PR OR General Public ??

2) Is it O.K if the dependant GC Holder travels back to U.S at a later time.
If yes, is this something I need to inform the Consulate at the time of interview ?

Thanks

Jkaipa

Jitendra kaipa

Re: POE ??

Originally posted by jkaipa
Guys

Have recd my appointment letter by mail on 09/29/03.
No other information or document enclosed with it.

Question on POE :

1) Any news on what happens at POE. What kind of questions/documents are necessary ? Also, once we get off the aircradt - which immigration line do we follow - Citizen/PR OR General Public ??

The documents you would need are the sealed Immigrant visa packet(mailed by the counsulate after your successful interview) and your passport. Also you have to go through the Foreign Nations line at the immigration. There is no line for PR.

2) Is it O.K if the dependant GC Holder travels back to U.S at a later time.
If yes, is this something I need to inform the Consulate at the time of interview ?

The dependant can travel later than the primary applicant.

Hope this helps
-Booker

Thanks

Jkaipa

Jitendra kaipa