Confirmed October 2004 Chennai Interviews

Thank you....

So it's taking almost 6 months after NVC receivs the application... rite ?.

Thanks,
Clue_gc

yeah, it varies. Depends on what unexpected delays come along the way...

clue_gc said:
Thank you....

So it's taking almost 6 months after NVC receivs the application... rite ?.

Thanks,
Clue_gc

Photos - where to take?

I read in immihelp.com that there is a Konica Photo Studio across Chola Sheraton in Chennai.
Is that a decent place to do the photos ie do the folks there know what to do etc?

Is there an alternate place too?

Thanks for the info
Dilbert

dilbert30 said:
I read in immihelp.com that there is a Konica Photo Studio across Chola Sheraton in Chennai.
Is that a decent place to do the photos ie do the folks there know what to do etc?

Is there an alternate place too?

Thanks for the info
Dilbert

I had personal experience with this studio and very happy with the results.

There are several other studios but I don't remember the names.

Raju

Do taxi drivers know this chola sheraton place? I am not familiar with Chennai and hence was wondering if there was any address / phone # that i could get for this place?

Thanks,
Dilbert

dilbert30 said:
Do taxi drivers know this chola sheraton place? I am not familiar with Chennai and hence was wondering if there was any address / phone # that i could get for this place?

Thanks,
Dilbert

The taxi or auto drivers do know all the places connected even remotely with
the American Consulate. Chola Sheraton is a big hotel too. This place is across the road from the Chola and they usually direct you upstairs to a small room where these photos are taken.

In fact this place is within walking distance of the American consulate. About
10 minutes walk. On the same road as the Consulate's vehicle entrance.

Raju

PCC at Newyork

Hi I have Applied PCC at Newyork Indian Embassy, Any one knows if there is any number I could reach them (The one some one answers and give details)?.

Ghat

Question Visa issue fee

Hi, My interview is scheduled for 10/15.We are all set to go, Previously we paid $335 to NVC.Do we need to pay another $65 for Visa issuence fee?
Could someone clarify this?

Typos in Visa

My appointmnet is scheduled for 0ct15.My question is what kind of typo can be present in Visa?How do we got them fixed?What is the process if there were any typo's.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regarding visa fee

Hi raju,
i got a letter stating that $335 to Immigration fee and $65 for Visa issuence fee?
do i need to pay 65$ for issuance.becasue in the forum i read every body pays 335 $ only .i didn't see anyone paying 65$ in INDIa extra.what is this?

Thanks
VJ(Oct 27th)

VJ2002 said:
Hi raju,
i got a letter stating that $335 to Immigration fee and $65 for Visa issuence fee?
do i need to pay 65$ for issuance.becasue in the forum i read every body pays 335 $ only .i didn't see anyone paying 65$ in INDIa extra.what is this?

Thanks
VJ(Oct 27th)

What happens is they (NVC as well as the Consulates) are not specific to the
case when they enclosed these notices.

The only amount you need to pay for Visa is $335.00

Raju

Raju595 said:
What happens is they (NVC as well as the Consulates) are not specific to the
case when they enclosed these notices.

The only amount you need to pay for Visa is $335.00

Raju

Thanks Raju
Vj :)

Namratac said:
Hi, My interview is scheduled for 10/15.We are all set to go, Previously we paid $335 to NVC.Do we need to pay another $65 for Visa issuence fee?
Could someone clarify this?
As answered by Raju for VJ, No

chennai consulate - which entrance - where to go

Guys,
I distinctly remember asking this qn before and getting a reply. But with the slow internet speed, I am not able to search it out.

I am planning to take a cab from where I plan to stay in Chennai to go to the Consulate. Which entrance should I go to? Should I go to the gate directly? where can i leave the cab ie ask the cab guy to hang around?

My interview is on Oct 15.

Thanks,
Dilbert

quick check list

guys,
One last quick check before I go for the interview tomorrow.

I have a draft for courier for rs.350 - its just me - no dependants. Is the amnt right?

What are the docs generally asked for and returned to us at the time of interview?

What are the docs generally asked for and NOT returned to us at the time of interview?

thx,
Dilbert

dilbert30 said:
guys,
One last quick check before I go for the interview tomorrow.

I have a draft for courier for rs.350 - its just me - no dependants. Is the amnt right?

What are the docs generally asked for and returned to us at the time of interview?

What are the docs generally asked for and NOT returned to us at the time of interview?

thx,
Dilbert

draft 350/- is ok.

whatever they mentioned in teh appointment letter.

not returning docs in my opinion,

bank statements,
employer letter
pay stubs
PCC certificate

best of luck
VJ :)

dilbert30 said:
Guys,
I distinctly remember asking this qn before and getting a reply. But with the slow internet speed, I am not able to search it out.

I am planning to take a cab from where I plan to stay in Chennai to go to the Consulate. Which entrance should I go to? Should I go to the gate directly? where can i leave the cab ie ask the cab guy to hang around?

My interview is on Oct 15.

Thanks,
Dilbert

don't worry about that.wherever cab person drops u.even if u ask any one tehy wil reply u
best of luck
VJ :)