Confirmed October 2004 Chennai Interviews

dilbert30

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

it looks like people are getting their dates for the Oct 04 interview. The websitre still shows Sept 04 dates. However, would you please start putting down your dates/queries/information if you have an interview in Oct 04?

Thanks,
Dilbert.

My interview is confirmed on 15th Oct 2004. I am a little nervous because I am getting married on 11th and want to take my wife along with me to the interview.
Earlier I got a mail from chennai consulate that just send your wife's BC and marriage certificate we will include her name.
I don't know if they can do it in three days.

Any suggestions please

krishwork said:
My interview is confirmed on 15th Oct 2004. I am a little nervous because I am getting married on 11th and want to take my wife along with me to the interview.
Earlier I got a mail from chennai consulate that just send your wife's BC and marriage certificate we will include her name.
I don't know if they can do it in three days.

Any suggestions please
Ever heard of grease. It can get the MC out in no time ... ;)

My interview is on 15th oct. called up the consulate to get the date.
EB2/RIR - no dependants.

Dilbert

oct 04 dates have been published for us consulate in delhi. chennai and mumbai websites still show sept 04 dates.
-D

receiving packet 4 in US

Guys,

I had not requested the consulate to send P4 to India. When I called to ask the consulate abt my interview date, the lady volunteered the information that I will be receiving my P4 in the US at my address and if i dont receive it, i can bring the print out of the table.

My qn is:

If someone has recd it in the US for the Oct 04 interview, can you pl. post the info?

I have interview on 15th and I am leaving a little early. Suppose i dont get my appt letter, does Lister Labs and doctor make a big deal out of it or are they ok with some email or case #??

Thx,
Dilbert

Trouble getting PCC and Birth Certificate

I have my interview on 15th October. But my problems are:
1) Although I applied for PCC in june 2004 NY is still not giving it saying they got a report stating that nobody lives in the house (of my wife). At the time polise ppl went my wife's parents were away for 4 months. Can someone tell me what to do?

2) Myplace of birth is Cochin and those folks are giving a lot of trouble giving a Record not found letter. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Anyone recd appt letter in the US yet?

Has anyone recd their appt letter in the US yet? I am hoping to receive my appt letter in the US and have my interview on oct 15th. Still, not recd it.

Thanks,
Dilbert

Tomcatsimba said:
I have my interview on 15th October. But my problems are:
1) Although I applied for PCC in june 2004 NY is still not giving it saying they got a report stating that nobody lives in the house (of my wife). At the time polise ppl went my wife's parents were away for 4 months. Can someone tell me what to do?

{Your people at that place need to follow up with the Police and see that
proper response gets back to the source (to the Passport office and ultimately to the Indian Consulate in NY}

2) Myplace of birth is Cochin and those folks are giving a lot of trouble giving a Record not found letter. Any suggestions?

{The NAC is a required document in the absence of the birth certificate
and needs to be obtained somehow..}

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

{my responses}

Raju

received appoitment letter

Guys,

I got my appt letter today! No packet 4 since I recd it in the US. My name is written as "LastName, FirstName" on the applicant's name and traveling applicants column. I hope thats the way it should be.

For those of you who care, the letter is dt. Sep 13, 04

Interview date: 15th Oct

Thanks,
Dilbert.

PCC & Birth Certificate

Just got both last week. It is finny that for PCC they would give if no report comes in...but wont if police ppl dont find you at home! My wife's parents were away for two months during the time the police went to their house...that is why there was no one to follow up! Anyway I dont understand the logic of police going to the persons house to verify if he/she has got a record! Thanks for the response.

status change

My 140 was approved on April 30. Whenever I ask lawyer if he received INS fee form, he was saying wait. Now he is saying by misstakenly INS has approved my I140 for adjustment of status eventhough he marked for cp on I-140 Form.

He is suggesting either apply I824 to change status from adjustment of status to CP or file 485.

Does any has faced this situation. Any help is appriciate.

SatyaM

Chennai

Hi Dilbert,

Please can you update ur approval date of I-140 and NVC rect date ?

Thanks,
Clue_gc