Confirmed MAY for CHENNAI.....

Vaccinations

You don't need Hep B shots. You need MMR, dT and Chicken Pox or Varicella vaccines. You don't need to worry about TB skin test- they will do a chest Xray-not a skin test. If Chest Xray is suspicious, you will go thru a sputum test. If you have vaccination records, or recent titers that prove you are immune to these diseases, you will be exempt from the shots.

silence...

hi all,

just to break the silence..

i am starting on 16th reaching chennai on 18th.

game plan is lister lab on 20th and dr. visit on 21st.
scheduled appointment with dr.vijayalakshmi for 21st 11.a.m

interview is on 28th,

one of my friends who went for medical examination for CP in india teld that it is a formality and what all they want to do is immunize you with a shot (mostly varicella for cickenpox) inspite of the person having been affected by chickenpox one.. and collect the money.

hmm.. sad but true.

how are your preparations comng along !!

all the best.
cheers
sriram.

vaccines

2 more cents:
As far as MMR and Varicella(chicken pox) is concerned, if you dont want the hassle of repeat shots, get your antibody titers for both. (This is a blood test).If your titers are high which means you are immune, you can take this test to your doc in India and avoid unnecessary shots. If you are not immune, then you have the choice of getting the shots here/India .
Get your Tetanus (dT) shot here in the US (you are good if you have proof of one in the recent 5 years).

From all accounts it appears that docs in India accept vaccination records from US. THe chest xray/HIV/VDRL tests on the other hand have to bedone in India.
cheers

My schedule is as follows:

Start from US: May 15th

Reach Hyd. and start for Chennai: 17th May.

Stay in Chennai: 18th through 24th.

Interview on : 23rd May.

Goodluck to everyone.

Raju

Hi! Raju

Hi! Raju,

I am also starting on 15 and reaching Madras on 16 --- medical on 17--- hyderabad on 18 --- starting from hyderabad on 21 -- interview on 23.

By the way which airlines u r traveling with? I am with Lufthansa.

SAB

Re: Hi! Raju

Originally posted by SAB-DET
Hi! Raju,

I am also starting on 15 and reaching Madras on 16 --- medical on 17--- hyderabad on 18 --- starting from hyderabad on 21 -- interview on 23.

By the way which airlines u r traveling with? I am with Lufthansa.

SAB

I am flying by Virgin Atlantic--> SFO to London
Emirates--> London --> Dubai --> Hyderabad.

Medicals on 19th and 20th.

Plan is to stay at Crystal Residence. If it is not good will change.

Raju

I am also starting on May 15th to Chennai.....will be in Chennai from 17th to 23rd....Medicals on 19th and 20th....Interview on May 23rd.

SAB-DET,
I am also flying on Lufthansa...Hope to see you there.

Rajus595,
I am also going for medical on 19th...Hope to see you there.

Thanks,
Rajkt

Originally posted by rajkt
I am also starting on May 15th to Chennai.....will be in Chennai from 17th to 23rd....Medicals on 19th and 20th....Interview on May 23rd.

SAB-DET,
I am also flying on Lufthansa...Hope to see you there.

Rajus595,
I am also going for medical on 19th...Hope to see you there.

Thanks,
Rajkt

Yes! We will. Have a safe trip!

Raju

Regarding Medicals

Hi everybody,
Is it possible to complete the labtest & medicals on the same day. I think Dr.Vijayalaksmi won’t take any appointment after 4.00 PM. Is that right?? With any other doctor is it possible to take the appointment after 4.00 PM so that I may complete both labtest and Medicals on the same day.

PS: Actually I posted this question in someother thread..But no reply from anybody. Hence posting here again.

Regds,
Sam.

Re: Regarding Medicals

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Hi everybody,
Is it possible to complete the labtest & medicals on the same day. I think Dr.Vijayalaksmi won’t take any appointment after 4.00 PM. Is that right?? With any other doctor is it possible to take the appointment after 4.00 PM so that I may complete both labtest and Medicals on the same day.

PS: Actually I posted this question in someother thread..But no reply from anybody. Hence posting here again.

Regds,
Sam.

This is possible. Dr.Raj Kumar works in the evenings also.

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know how they send papers / passport back to you after the interview??? I'm trying to plan my itinerary and wondering if its ok to return on June 8 with my interview on June 5.

thanks!
spulapak

Originally posted by spulapak
Hey Guys,

Do any of you know how they send papers / passport back to you after the interview??? I'm trying to plan my itinerary and wondering if its ok to return on June 8 with my interview on June 5.

thanks!
spulapak

The Chennai Consulate returns the packet with the papers and
the passport by Blue Dart Courier, which would be a definite
1 day delivery within the city of Chennai.

But we have seen members posting that they have received
the packet the next day, in other cities also.

So, you should be OK to plan as you did.

If it is Mumbai consulate they let you collect the packet the
same day from the consulate.

Raju

Thanks for you quick response Raju..Since I'm in the mumbai consulate, it should be good enough.

All the best for your interview..

spulapak

For those who have not received the complete Packet 4,
the following is the instructions for the demand draft for
the courier charges:

DD in Indian Rupees payable to

'BLUE DART EXPRESS LTD.,' Payable at 'CHENNAI'.

Amount : Rs. 300 + (No.of applicants * 50 )

Ex: An applicant, spouse and a child.

The amount will be : Rs. 300 + 150 = Rs.450.00

You will be given a slip to enter the address where you want the
packet to arrive.

Be prepared with the correct street address and phone number
if any ( particularly those staying in a hotel and getting the packet there). .

Raju

Dr. Vijayalaksmi

Hi May Cpers...

Does anybody took(/tried) the evening appointment from Dr.V for medicals ?
Somebody said, she will accept the the evening(after 4.00PM) appointments also.

Can you please share if you know any information.

Thanks,
Sam.

Kumar - You should have no problem with Dr.V.. When I went for my CP, I called her office from here and took an appointment. Initially, I was asked to come by 10 am.

But as I told them that I need to do my x-ray and blood work the same day, they gave me an evening appointment by 4. pm. She is such a wonderful person, you should have no problem.

Good luck.

Last minute questions

Guys,

Does anyone know about the photo sizes ? I know we need to take 3 copies of ADIT (37mm X37mm) type (immigration) photos. But what kind of photos do we need to take for medical etc ? I was told by a local photo lab that consulate requires 2 inch X 2 inch (50 mm X 50m) regular front posing photos. Anyone any clues ???

All the best to all of you guys.

Thanks,