***Confirmed*** - December Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Re: Clarification

1) if you paid 335$ , no need to pay anything. All you have to pay is courier fees 250Rs per family plus extra 50 per applicant ( they also accept cash)

2) no need for local PCC from india. PCC is valid for 1 year from the date issued.

3) I didn't have any vaccination records to show to Dr.V , She vaccinated me for MMR & ChickenPox.

Hello amitag,

Passports will be returned with Immigrant-visa sheet + a packet through blue-dart courier.

Clarification req

Hello,
We are flying AirIndia and on our way back, we are flying via Paris.My question to you all is, Do we need a transit visa?? If so, what shd one do to get it? I mean, where to get it? Just being cautious.
Thanks,
Viren

How long is PCC valid?

Good luck to all the CP_Goers who have their interview this month.

I got my PCC from Indian consulate in SFO in the month of March this year. My interview would be in Chennai during January 2003. I heard from other members in this site that the PCC is valid for 1 year. My lawyer says that its only valid for 6 months. I am leaving to india this month end and I dont think I can get a new one before I go. Could you guys point me to any links which confirms that the PCC is valid for 1 year. I sent out a mail today to Chennai consulate and waiting for reply.

thanks

Re: How long is PCC valid?

Today I got a reply from Chennai consulate saying the PCC is valid for 1 year.

cheers

Originally posted by pattu007
Could you guys point me to any links which confirms that the PCC is valid for 1 year.

Re: How long is PCC valid?

Hi all,

I had one last minute question for you all : While filling up the 9003 form, I got this question.My wife is on dependent visa, so for the question whether she earned income while in US would be NO.but where I am confused is : I filed taxes for my wife also.So shd the next question( where it asks whether u have filed taxes) should the answer be No or yes, in her form?
Thanks,
Viren

9003 form?

Hi all,

I had one last minute question for you all : While filling up the 9003 form, I got this question.My wife is on dependent visa, so for the question whether she earned income while in US would be NO.but where I am confused is : I filed taxes for my wife also.So shd the next question( where it asks whether u have filed taxes) should the answer be No or yes, in her form?
Thanks,
Viren

I-134

I have a question about filling 1-134.

I-134 Question no 9
That I have previously submitted affadavit(s) of support for the following person.

My question is Should i mention my parents name as I brought my parents as visitors in 1999,for which i submitted 1-134.

Experienced Cpers Please let me know.

Thanks
chella

if your parents are not in US, you can ignore this.

the intention of ins is to calculate your liabilites is US. For Ex. if your parents need medical attention they won't be public charge in US

Originally posted by gccp1202
Folks, Here I am starting new thread for confirmed December Chennai Consulate Appointments.

Category: EB3
PD: 10/22/2001
I140: 2/12/2002
P3 Recd from NVC: 4/1/2002
P3 Mailed to STL: 7/15/2002
NVC Recd P3 from STL: 8/2/2002
NVC Reviews P3: 9/16/2002
NVC Sent Case to Consulate: 9/25/2002
P4 Received from Consulate: ??
Interview Date: 12/17/2002
Port of Entery: 1/1/2003 (Detroit)

Here is my experience, Thank you very much to the forum and for all you folks, helped my CP process smooth and successful.

Nov 25: Sent my passport to German Consulate, Chicago for Transit VISA (My US visa expired on 11/1/02, One of my colleagues traveling with her year old baby to Hyderabad, She has already booked her tickets on Lufthansa, on request I've changed my carrier as Lufthansa, else I would have selected routes other than Germany, France, Swiss)

Dec 2: USPS delivery person left "we missed you" note at my apartment.

Dec 3: Collected the USPS package, passport with Transit visa.

Dec 6: Departed from McNamara Terminal, Detroit. I felt, clerk at the boarding pass counter was a bit tough on me, I was told, carry on baggage should not exceed 8kgs. I had to remove some stuff out of it at the counter.

Dec 8: Reached Hyderabad. 8:30am.

Dec 10: Started from Hyd to Chennai for medical checkup . (Charminar Exp, 8:10pm, AC3T, Rs847, current booking)

Dec 11: Reached Chennai right time at 10:30am, approximate auto fare from central to palmgrove hotel was Rs50 (No meter), Took a non A/C room, for Rs 850 + Tax. Quality of the beds and toilets were substandard. Beds covered with white sheets has oil marks, no tissue paper readily installed near WC, need to call room service to get a roll. Make sure to close the toilet door while you are going out during nights or while sleeping else, you may have to share your room with mosquitoes.

12:30: Went to nearby Konica Photo Lab for Immigration style photos. Rs140 for photos with floppy for digital image, Rs105 for photos only. Initially I paid Rs140, soon after, I realized these photos for one time use and there would be no future use with the digital image. So I changed my order to Rs 105. Comb and Mirror were installed in the studio, so we can make sure every thing is okay before the photo session, and also I requested the photographer to show my digital picture on camera before printing it.

1:00pm took auto for Rs20 (No meter) to Lister Labs (corporate services), had lunch in a nearby restaurant. Around 2:30pm entered their administrative office to fill the forms and to pay the fees. After the administrative work, went to blood test lab to give blood sample, then after to X-ray lab. In X-Ray lab, Lab technician asked me to remove shirt and underwear, I was reluctant to remove the underwear and asked him, whether it is possible to take x-ray with out removing underwear, Lab technician insisted to remove it for clear picture. and was told to stand towards the plank, touching it with front part of the body, both hands on the lower waist having inhale breath. After few seconds, he said, it was done, soon after that when I reached and wear my clothes, he allowed another guy into the lab for x-ray. They might be busy with lot of customers but it would be nice to wait till I was done.
After that I was told to come on next day after 4:30pm to collect the test results. When I asked the admin guy why should I come on next day after 4:30pm, why shouldn't I get the results on the same day, reply was: medical test batch cutoff time was 12:00 noon for every day, I was in after noon session so I should come next day to pick up the results. I had nothing to say, headed back to my hotel.

Near Plamgrove hotel, there are two hotels. Komala's and Artz. Komala's serves lunch between 11am till 3pm after that only snacks (Idly, Dosa, etc.) no rice items served. Artz has the same timings for lunch, opens after 8pm for dinner, quality food served. Couple of times I had meals in it. once, I've asked a attendant to know how much tip usually paid in that hotel(here in US, I know it was about 10-15%) it seems there was no such percentage, tips depends on the guest.

Around, 7pm called Dr. Raj Kumar's for next day appointment, Lady who attended the phone inquired details about me, gave directions and land marks to reach the place and was told to come around 7pm, next day.

Dec12: Wandered around Madras, went to Satyam Theaters (auto, Rs20 from Palmgrove, no meter) to watch 'Leela' (movie), came out of the theater, after partially watching the movie, called for an auto paid Rs 30 for Lister Labs. Collected the sealed test results, came out from the labs, hailed for a nearby standing auto, paid Rs 50 for Dr. Raj Kumar's house/hospital, reached around 5:30pm. There was no token system, first come first serve. After he going through a group of family members and a handicapped man, I was let in to see him. Height, weight measurements were taken, sight was tested in adjacent veranda then went inside his office, opened the lab tests sealed cover, gone through the test results, he told every thing was good. While seeing the X-ray, he asked me whether I smoke cigarettes, I told him occasionally. after that he asked to me to lay flat on a table for physical checkup. I was little surprised for this, I never heard of this on this forum, after a quick glance, he told, it was done, you can sit. every thing was good, you are in good health. After I dressed up, and I settled in a chair, after that he asked me for vaccination history, Two weeks before the journey, I took chicken pox vaccine (while in US). I told him the same, he replied, I need to take 2nd dose to complete the vaccination and in addition he gave me MMR and other vaccines, total fee paid Rs2100 for vaccinations, doctors consulting fees including in it. He had filled up all the necessary forms and handed them over to me to double check before I leave his office, After I gone through all of them, after I said okay, he folded the forms placed them in cover and handed over to me with a nice smile and said good luck and good bye.

Came back to the hotel, checked out around 6:30pm, headed to chennai central (Railway station), went to current booking counter, took AC3T in Tamilnadu express (Departure time around 10pm) for Vijayawada for Rs 650. Reached Vijayawada at 4pm, Took a seat in AC Car for Rs 450 in Sathavahana express for Secunderabad (departure time 5:30am). reached Secunderabad at 11am.

Dec15: Went to Begumpet Airport bought one way ticket to Madras Rs 4265, flight departure time was around 5pm. Came out from Madras air port around 6:30pm, went to Palmgrove hotel (Auto, Paid, Rs 100, no meter).

Dec 16: Called room service to give me wakeup call for the next day (17th) at 6am.

(this msg exceeds 10000 characters.. part 2 continued in the next message.. )

Re: Re: ***Confirmed*** - December Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Dec 17: Got the wake up call from hotel room service at 6am, came out of the hotel at 7:15am, walked in to near by Komala's for breakfast, it seems I was the first customer for that day, had Idly and Pongal, came out around at 8am and walked towards Gemini bridge for Consulate office, by the time I reached there were nearly ten candidates standing in the queue, I went towards the security guard to show my interview letter to bypass the little queue, as opposed to my wish to short cut the line, I was told to stand in the queue, as I had no option, went and stood in the queue for next 15 minutes, mean while slowly one by one joined the queue, around 8:30am, our line started moving towards the counter. As it was posted on this forum, only transparent bags allowed inside. After showing my passport and interview letter at the entrance I was allowed inside and I was asked whether I was carrying any cell phones, I was not carrying any such, so, I told no to the security person, then I was checked top to bottom after that directed towards main building to sit inside the hall.

After entering in the building, sat there for nearly half hour watching janitors cleaning windows of the counters from inside, then after, a Indian lady came to counter 8 to call for immigrant applicants to submit their documents. All the immigration applicants in the hall formed a curved line to submit the documents (Tamil actor Mohanlal and his family also came to stand in the immigration line.) While I was giving my documents (except DS 230 part II), I was asked to pay for the courier fees, I paid Rs 300, then I was told to be seated, and I will be called later

After everybody submitting their documents, a Caucasian male came out told us that we should fill all the fields in the DS 230 part II, if there were any not applicable or not available fields, they should not left blank, instead should be written 'none' in them, and then asked us switch from the chairs to group all the fresh immigrant applicants to one side to the side, asked us to rise from the seats, while standing, pledge was performed by stretching right hand to say every thing mentioned was true. after that again we formed a queue to submit DS 230 part II at the counter (8). When I reached the counter, I was asked who did file immigration for me, I told mine is employment based, then he asked me to sign on the DS 230 part II and checked the employment based petition filed on the form, I turned in the form at the counter, came back to seating area.

After 30 minutes, same Indian lady who took the documents called me to the counter for visa processing fee DD, I told her my attorney had already paid all fees total of $335, hence I need not pay anything extra as visa fees, she didn't' satisfy with my answer, asked me to show if I had any proof, luckily, in the documents, I had my attorney attached photocopy of money order taken for $335 which was paid for NVC in packet 3 stage. After showing it to her, she satisfied with it and told me to be seated, will call back later.

After 30 minutes, I was called to the same counter by the same lady, this time she gave me a blue color sheet with 4 lines of text saying I should inform INS incase of any change in my employment status, I was allowed to read, understand and asked to sign it. after returning it with my signature, I asked her copy of the same form for my records for my attorney review, and told her I was never advised by my attorney to sign that document, so, I need that for my records. She said no sir we should not give this out. sorry. And was told that you are all set, you can go home, tomorrow you will receive a courier package. That is it, I walked out, thinking was it over, was it really over..

Came back to hotel, requested the front desk, by saying next day around 11am I would receive a courier package, so please inform me if anybody looking for me.

Dec 18: around 10:30am, I woke from a call from, hotel front desk mentioning that courier was waiting for me, I told the front desk to convey the courier to wait for me for 5 minutes, when, I went down, courier was waiting in the lobby, went up to him, he asked me whether I was so and so, and asked me to show some identity before handed over the package, I showed him my Michigan drivers license, he satisfied with it gave the sealed package. When I offered him Rs 10, he said politely no tips. After that, came back to the room, verified everything printed was correct there were no typo's, no errors.

Checked out from hotel at noon, headed back to Chennai Central..

Dec 31: At the Immigration counter in Bombay, showed the package to immigration officer at the counter, he asked me where am I going, what am I doing. I said to him, I am going to Detroit, and I do programming.

Jan 1st: In the flight, I filled up customs declaration form, in Detroit McNamara air port at INS counters, I was directed towards American Citizens counter, officer at the counter scribbled something on the visa paper which was affixed on the sealed cover, and directed me towards special processing counter. A board written "Special Processing" in front of the Special Processing counter, At the counter, office asked me where I am going and what am I doing, I told her Detroit is the destination, and I am a programmer. She opened the sealed packet, checked the medicals form, satisfied with information in it. Stamped I-551, arrival date, wrote application number on my passport. After that she took a form, wrote my information in it, took my signature and right hand forefinger impression on it. While taking the finger prints I was asked to not to see the form, instead see straight ahead to get good impressions. And she told me that If I don't get the cards two months before the expiration of the temporary permanent residence stamp printed on the passport, I should inform about it to INS to avoid problems. Then I asked her how long it would take to get the cards, she said three to six months. After that she greeted me with welcome to USA and wish you happy new year.

Whole process took nearly 5 minutes. I didn't have any checked in baggage, with out waiting for the baggage I just walked from the gates to the lobby.

Jan 2: Sent xerox copy of I-551 stamp to my attorney for their records

Jan 3: Went to a nearby Social Security office, applied for a new SS Card

Jan 7: Filled up I-9 form and sent it to our internal Immigration Services department.

Whole GC process took two years two months. My worry is I have one less worries to worry about.. :)

gccp1202,

Congratulations and thanks for your time, in posting your experience in such detail.

Raju