***Confirmed*** - December Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

RE:

thanx for the info..
i have one more question regarding I-134
does "personal property" include car?

When we take print out of I-134 , should we take double sided or single sided print out? this question is applicable to other forms also..
thanx
newchennai

Originally posted by obbattu
I-134 needs to be notorized by a US notary.
One employement letter is suffiecient and it has to be notarized. Employement letter should mention the position, pay scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do applicants on employee based petitions have to submit the I-134 ????

I have not heard of that before and my lawyer also has not brought it up !!

Re: What is "Lister"

Originally posted by amitag
Please can someone clarify, what is "Lister"???

Saw it in an earlier posting in this thread- was mentioned in conjunction with Medical.

Thanks,
Amit

Lister is the name of the lab in Madras where the medicals are done. Their info is listed in the medical exam document on the IV website.

Ds230 part2

DS230 part2
what about section 29 in DS230 part2?
29. Name and Address of Petitioner

Should i fill it with name of my employer for both me and my spouse?

About I-134

I-134 applies only for spouses and dependent (children) of primary applicant.

The process is, employer sponsors the primary applicant, primary applicant in turn sponsors everybody dependent on him.

IF you are single you do not need to worry about I-134, you dont need one. Only thing you need is employement letter.

IF you have a family you need I-134 for each dependent.

You can include all your assets including car, but if your income is above 125% of poverty line for USA you really dont need to worry. (roughly if you make more than $30K a year you are safe). You are showing your assets just to guarantee that you can support your dependents.

You can print I-134 on two separate sheets for that matter you can print out all forms from the web. (immihelp.com has useful format).

For NEWCHENNAI

Your employer is the petitioner for you and in turn you are the petitioner for your wife.

So your employers address in your DS 230 and your address in your spouse's DS230.

ALL and EVERY DISCLAIMER APPLY

Birth Certificate

HI,
I am from a village in AP state. I have a birth certificate from Mandal Revenue Officer. Is this enough? or do I need to get it from a different place?.
Thanks

R'vd Packet 4
Guys,
Have r'cd packet 4 today at the Indian address.Asked parents to post the photocopies of pak-4 to USA address.This way i wnt lose the original documents and also have latest version of what they want..( i mean the documents)...Guys, keep us updated abt ur status too...
thanks and good luck,
Viren

PACKET 4

OBBATTU or anyone else been through the process:

Question 1:

I had requested the consulate to send my P4 to the Indian address, but looks like they sent it to the my U.S. address. The key is the appointment letter. As I may leave the U.S. before it arrives, can I request them to send copy to my local address. Or can it be picked up ??

Question 2:

For the Tests, what d we need to take ? Do they need the appt. letter and photos for the tests or only when we see the doctor ?

Thanks.

Question 2:

For the Tests, what d we need to take ? Do they need the appt. letter and photos for the tests or only when we see the doctor ?

I had called up Lister labs and Dr. Rajkumar last night - I asked them that if I did not have the appointment letter in hand since I will be traveling from US directly to Chennai - would it matter if I had photocopies of it?

Both of them say that is fine! - They even told me that if I wanted I could obtain a copy of the printout’s from the web for the Appointment and any other medical application forms. Hope this helps.

You will need -
- Orig. Passport
- Pictures (Not sure Immigration style or Passport style)
- Application form (Downloaded if you do not have P4)
- Appointment letter (Printed from web if you do not have P4)
- Fees (of course)
- Prior Immunization records if you have any (you will be credited for if you did)

Medical appt and Lister queries

Anybody who has not recvd Packet 4 need not panick.

You may take a print out from the chennai web site and it will be accepted at all places.

If you have already corresponded with chennai embassy and they have sent an email reagarding your interview date then just take a copy of the email.

At lister lab and at the doctor you need

1. Fees (around 600Rs for Lister and approximately 500 to 2000 rs depending on vaccination at the doctor)

2. Copy of appt letter or the print out from the net.

3. Photos (not necessary to be of immigration style)

4. passport

Few questions –
1. How many pics do we need in total?
2. Passport or Immigration style?
3. What form is Affidavit of Support (I-134 or I-869?)

BTW,
I had been to the IRS office today to collect transcripts for last 3 years of tax return. This is what they told me:
The rules of changed and here is the new procedure just in case if you guys need them.

However, I talked to a different officer in the same IRS office – She just went ahead and printed out all three years tax returns and stamped the IRS seal on it. I think this should suffice too (Don’t know why the other officer said a different procedure?)

Attached: IRSTranscript.jpg

Originally posted by apchennai
Few questions –
1. How many pics do we need in total?
2. Passport or Immigration style?
3. What form is Affidavit of Support (I-134 or I-869?)

BTW,
I had been to the IRS office today to collect transcripts for last 3 years of tax return. This is what they told me:
The rules of changed and here is the new procedure just in case if you guys need them.

However, I talked to a different officer in the same IRS office – She just went ahead and printed out all three years tax returns and stamped the IRS seal on it. I think this should suffice too (Don’t know why the other officer said a different procedure?)

Attached: IRSTranscript.jpg

You will need 2 passport style photos, one for Lister and another for Medical exams.
For visa, you need 3 immigration style photos, you will have to sign on the bottom of 2 of them.
You will need I-134 for spouse. If you have children, they get included in the spouse's I-134, no need for a separate I-134 for children.
You do not need tax transcripts, only a photocopy of 2001 year tax return is sufficient.
I speak from experience, I had chennai interview in Oct this year.

My employer stopped sending printed salaris statements since two years. Instead emails salary statements bi-weekly. Is it okay to print the electronic statements on A4? Do they accept while interview??

Those without original birth certificates, need to get,

1. Affidavit stating the details of birth from both parents or siblings (in the absence of parents), stating the birth facts is necessary.
2. Need to obtain a non-availability certificate from the authority which documents birth and death, saying that the birth was not registered.
3. Copy and original of 10th Std (SSLC or equivalent) to be carried to interview as there has been instances where the officer requested for the same.

Originally posted by gccp1202
My employer stopped sending printed salaris statements since two years. Instead emails salary statements bi-weekly. Is it okay to print the electronic statements on A4? Do they accept while interview??

I checked with my lawyer as I too have print outs from our internal website with the pay statements. Should be fine. I am getting them attested by HR in anycase.

tickets

Folks,

First of all - Good luck! I did my cp in Jan this year in Chennai and it was a piece of cake. Yours should be cool too.

I am trying to attend an important friend’s marriage in Chennai in December and I am not getting tickets at a decent price. You folks would have also booked your tickets recently.
Can any one please recommend travel agents you used?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I-134

One more question regarding I-134
in section 8 they ask to list the persons dependent upon me.

Should I write my spouse name in it ? Or is it for anyone other than the person we are sponsering?

Chennai sent P-4 to US address (although specified in P-3 to send it to local Bangalore address). Anyway when I called the consulate, they told me to download P-4 and print the appointment from their website.

Does anyone know the exact link for P-4 paper download?