***Confirmed*** - December Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

gccp1202

Registered Users (C)
Folks, Here I am starting new thread for confirmed December Chennai Consulate Appointments.

Category: EB3
PD: 10/22/2001
I140: 2/12/2002
P3 Recd from NVC: 4/1/2002
P3 Mailed to STL: 7/15/2002
NVC Recd P3 from STL: 8/2/2002
NVC Reviews P3: 9/16/2002
NVC Sent Case to Consulate: 9/25/2002
P4 Received from Consulate: ??
Interview Date: 12/17/2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Chennai interview on 20th

Category EB3
30 July 2002 - Packet 3 sent to St.Louis
21 Aug 2002 - NVC received Packet 3
10th Oct 2002 - Chennai recieved Packet 3
20th Dec 2002 - Interview date

We recieved EMail notification from Chennai embassy about our interview date.

Could you please help us with the documents that we need to have ready for the interview.
Also, how much would we need in Chennai before the interview?

Re: intv

Hello All,

My intv is Dec 27th.(EB3). NewChennai, why dont we coordinate our trip.
i am flying to hyd on 13th dec( today i got my tickets confirmed).I fixed an appointment with Dr.Vijay lakshmi also.:) plzz mail me at
veerenderkapoor2002@yahoo.com.I will be coming to Chennai from hyderabd.I will be waiting for your mail..Guys, FYI Lister lab is open on Dec 25th.But Dr.V is not available on 25th.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!
Viren

Originally posted by newchennai
Hi,
My intv is on 27th.
EB3 category

Re: intv

Hi all,
If we have already paid like 335$.Do we need to pay anything else?? and my other question is this draft which we have to make for Blue dart, it shd be payable to whom? and can it be from any bank, outside of Chennai also? it is a trivial question.But still wld appreciate any answers
Thanks,
Viren

Re: Re: intv

I guess there is nothing more to pay than the courier fees..
i saw some intv postings where they said that you can pay pay by cash also that amount...

Originally posted by veerender
Hi all,
If we have already paid like 335$.Do we need to pay anything else?? and my other question is this draft which we have to make for Blue dart, it shd be payable to whom? and can it be from any bank, outside of Chennai also? it is a trivial question.But still wld appreciate any answers
Thanks,
Viren

Interview 12/19

Called up Chennai just now and came to know that interview date is 12/19.

The person also said that pkt-4 was mailed to local address on 11/13.

Category EB2
NVC Sent to Chennai on 10/2

4 Questions for the group:
----------------------------------
- Is it better to have a Medical report done in the US with a qualified MD (with immunization records etc) and have it certified in Chennai?
- Is anyone getting sailing permits? If so how?
- Is a Birth Certificate issued by an Indian hospital suffice?
- How many days in advance do we get to Chennai? [since the Medical report in “packet-4” supposedly says, Lister to be done 3 days in advance and Medical test be done 2 days in advance]

Let me know your thoughts on these items. Regards.

Sailing permit is not mandatory. Iam not taking it. Tax transcripts for the last three years are required.

IRS9003 is NOT required..check below memo
Check http://chennaicp.tripod.com for intv experiences and for other details

R 162254Z MAY 02
FM SECSTATE WASHDC
TO ALL DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULAR POSTS
SPECIAL EMBASSY PROGRAM
DUSHANBE POUCH
UNCLAS STATE 094440

E.O. 12958: N/A

TAGS: CVIS

SUBJECT: IRS Form 9003 No Longer Required

Neither INS nor IRS is collecting IRS Form 9003 ("Additional Questions to be Completed by All Applicants for Permanent Residence in the United States") from those applying for entry at POEs with an IV or DV. NVC and KCC do not include IRS Form 9003 in the Packet 4 mailing. Effective immediately, consular officers no longer need to collect this form from IV/DV applicants and include it in the packet for INS. Applicants should not be refused 221(g) for lack of an IRS Form 9003. FAM note 42.33, PN5.2 has been corrected to omit Form 9003 from the list of documents to be included in the IV packet.

POWELL

Originally posted by apchennai
4 Questions for the group:
----------------------------------
- Is it better to have a Medical report done in the US with a qualified MD (with immunization records etc) and have it certified in Chennai?
- Is anyone getting sailing permits? If so how?
- Is a Birth Certificate issued by an Indian hospital suffice?
- How many days in advance do we get to Chennai? [since the Medical report in “packet-4” supposedly says, Lister to be done 3 days in advance and Medical test be done 2 days in advance]

Let me know your thoughts on these items. Regards.

It helps if you have immunizations done here and take a copy of the records. Many doctors in chennai will accept a US vaccination record. You will have to undergo the rest of the medicals in Chennai, no exceptions.
Sailing permits are not required.
Birth certificate issued by hospital IS NOT SUFFICIENT.
Advisable 5-6 days before interview, depending on what day of the week is the interview. For example if interview is Tuesday, you should do Lister on Thursday/Friday, Medicals on Friday/Saturday. If interview is on Friday, do Lister on Mon/Tue/Wed, Medicals on Tue/Wed/Thu. It is advisable to have 1-2 days gap between medical and interview. Sometimes the doctor requires X-ray redone.

Thanks for all your replies.

>Birth certificate issued by hospital IS NOT SUFFICIENT.
Do you know what other forms of Birth Certs are acceptable (Usually Indian Embassy in the US sometimes issues Birth Certs based on Passport)?

Further, with regards to Police Clearance certificates for India - I should be good with the one issued by Indian Embassy in the US right? Local certs are not required?

For this living in the U.S., police clearence from the Indian Consulate in US is ONLYrequired. I have read this in all other posts, clarified with my lawyer and even checked with the Chennai U.S. Consulate.

Regarding birth certificates, as my copy was a bit faded, I had a new one arranged for in Madras. My family got it done at the Corporation and it was no problem. I think they paid Rs. 22 per copy and got it in one day. If anyone is intersted, I can find out the details from Madras and post. This applies I think only to those born in Madras.

Recent CP at chennai

Just saying thanks to the wonderful forum for the exensive information available.

I had my interview on 24th OCt and it was pretty much same as described earlier in the forum.

Some new info:

Dr. Vijayalakshmi and Dr.Rajkumar both are good the latter being relaxed and friendly.

Konica lab near Lister and Embassy does excellent job for photos.

On the actual interview day, no one provided us list to arrange the documents as mentioned earlier in the forum. Last minute we haphazardly arranged them in no particular order and submitted them and it hardly matters.

In addition to the Indian officer verifying the document we had a consular officer (Phirangi) doing a brief interview with most applicants. He did let me go without an interview when I mentioned I am physician ( only one of the perks of being a physician).Will be happy to answear questions.
thanks.

I-134 needs to be notorized by a US notary.
One employement letter is suffiecient and it has to be notarized. Employement letter should mention the position, pay scale.

What is "Lister"

Please can someone clarify, what is "Lister"???

Saw it in an earlier posting in this thread- was mentioned in conjunction with Medical.

Thanks,
Amit