• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

confirmation by KCC

I hope I can get in a bit earlier... It will be interesting to see the October figures as there are OC members that have numbers in the 3k range

My case number is EU 188**, so what you guys think ? You may guess when my interview date approximately will be?

Thanks!.

Hi Doni,
Pretty good number you got!
Most probably you'll have your interview around February/March.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't send a receipt. After a few weeks you can call or email them to check receipt.

What next - wait. Nothing will happen until your case number is current - they process in case number order starting in October and finishing on 30 September 2014. If you post your case number Region/RANGE (like mine in my sig) we can guesstimate when your 2nd notification will be.

Hi britsimon, first thanks for your good spirit, i can see you are helping alot the guys in this forum. I am not sure about my case number i feel its very high case to get an interview, do you think such number in Aisa can get a chance for interview? secondly i have sent my DS230, DS122, to KCC with bar code and two pictures, it was signed by T.Campbell, not sure how to confirm they have received it? the third question (sorry too many), i filled in one of the forms my Sisters address in the US (to receive the Social Security Number, and to stay there till adjustment), she got some Visa there with my brother in law, to finish and do the Medical Board, do i have to ask them for affidavit of support even though i can show +20K$ in my local bank account ?

Hi britsimon, first thanks for your good spirit, i can see you are helping alot the guys in this forum. I am not sure about my case number i feel its very high case to get an interview, do you think such number in Aisa can get a chance for interview? secondly i have sent my DS230, DS122, to KCC with bar code and two pictures, it was signed by T.Campbell, not sure how to confirm they have received it? the third question (sorry too many), i filled in one of the forms my Sisters address in the US (to receive the Social Security Number, and to stay there till adjustment), she got some Visa there with my brother in law, to finish and do the Medical Board, do i have to ask them for affidavit of support even though i can show +20K$ in my local bank account ?

1. AS19K is not that high a number. It is in the top 73% of numbers in Asia, so if you apply that globally it is in the top 91000 winners. In previous years USCIS selected around 105K winners (versus 12k for DV2014). In some years the 105K was not enough to exhaust the supply of visa so on that basis you should be fine.
2. T Campbell is the name usually shown for KCC. So - your forms got there fine. Wait some weeks befor you try to confirm they got the forms. I sent mine by regular mail in May - I still haven't checked they received mine - there is PLENTY of time before my number is ready - and the same goes for you, so relax!
3. Do you have to ask for an affavit of support? NO. As I answered in another post, your savings and profession is more than enough, you'll be fine. DV lottery winners do NOT generally need a sponsor.

Best of luck. Now relax, read the posts and get ready to wait....

high number or not and when to expect my 2nd nl

My name is Gideon and I'm from Ghana. I applied for DV-2013,and I won with a Case Number of 21xxx..i wanna know if my number is low and if possible when to expect my 2nd nl..

Thank You very much in advance.

My name is Gideon and I'm from Ghana. I applied for DV-2013,and I won with a Case Number of 21xxx..i wanna know if my number is low and if possible when to expect my 2nd nl..

You should have probably received your 2NL by now.Your number became current in February. Did you send the form DS-122 to KCC to let them know what your intentions are(AOS or CP)?

You should have probably received your 2NL by now.Your number became current in February. Did you send the form DS-122 to KCC to let them know what your intentions are(AOS or CP)?

I applied for DV-2014 rather sorry man...i got the year wrong...but thanks for reaching out to me that quick..that been said i will be very happy if you could re answer me again..

I applied for DV-2014 rather sorry man...i got the year wrong...but thanks for reaching out to me that quick..that been said i will be very happy if you could re answer me again..

No problem. From what I read people normally get their 2NL about 2-3 months before their number becomes current. If you look at previous years diversity lottery visa bulletins you can get an estimate of when your number will become current for your region.

Your number is low ( good) and you should expect interview in Jan/Feb. You 2nl will be an email around 4 to 6 weeks before your interview date.

DV lottery

Hi britsimon!
I'm a DV lottery winner from Srilanka
My case no is AS00016XXX
When will be the possible date for my interview?
Thanks.

Hi britsimon!
I'm a DV lottery winner from Srilanka
My case no is AS00016XXX
When will be the possible date for my interview?
Thanks.

Hi Sajeevstalin - it won't be until late in the process - August or September 2014. You will be playing the visa bulletin guessing game with a lot of others including myself! Good luck!

Petitioner

Hi Britsimon,

I am a DV-2014 winner and my case number is OC000019XX.....have sent forms to KCC and confirmed receipt but made a mistake in my form. I wrote N/A where it says Name of Petitioner??? What am I suppose to do now, thou it is a sworn and unsigned form, which has to be signed in front of consulate in interview.

Please advise and help.

Hi Britsimon,

I am a DV-2014 winner and my case number is OC000019XX.....have sent forms to KCC and confirmed receipt but made a mistake in my form. I wrote N/A where it says Name of Petitioner??? What am I suppose to do now, thou it is a sworn and unsigned form, which has to be signed in front of consulate in interview.

Please advise and help.

The selectee is the petitioner. That is a minor mistake which could be corrected at the interview. However, if you would rather correct it now, you can send a new set of forms with your CN clearly marked. KCC will then add the corrected forms to the file they have already opened for you.

The selectee is the petitioner. That is a minor mistake which could be corrected at the interview. However, if you would rather correct it now, you can send a new set of forms with your CN clearly marked. KCC will then add the corrected forms to the file they have already opened for you.

Thanks a lot Britsimon....What opinion do you have about interview after seeing my case number??? it's OC000019xx.

Highly appreciated your advise.

They won't send a receipt. After a few weeks you can call or email them to check receipt.

How long does it normally take to receive a reply to an email where I requested for them to acknowledge the receipt of our application?
I guess a few days?