Conference Call on Oct 30, Recording now AVAILABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living with my child in the U.S.

Dear Rajiv

I am native German (not married), started my business in the U.S. and am living in state WA on an E2 visa basis (received 2005). I will have to renew my visa in fall 2010. My business is growing steadily since then.
Now, I will have a baby next year, will be a single mother, taking all responsibilities (legal, financial, child rearing etc.) related to it on my own (no partner).

Am I able to continue living with my child in the U.S. in case I am not able to renew my E2 visa (in 2010) – as at least half of my energy goes now into the child and not in growing the business (so it still meets E2 visa qualifications)? What are my options?

Any advice is very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Katrin

EAD vs H1B Transfer

Hello Rajiv....

I have a H1B with a Company-X for 4 yrs and is valid until Sep-2010. The same company applied my GC,
-My Labor is approved in Mar-2007,
-I-140 is approved in May-2008 (180 days completed by Nov2nd,2008)
-I applied for 485 in Jul-2007 for my wife and me (More than 180 days wait)
-Our EADs are valid until Sep-2010.

I got a decent offer from another Company Y. This company shall start GC process only after a year working with them (So, End of 2009).

Question:
1) What status is prefered to shift to new Company-Y - H1 or EAD?
2) How can I do ?
3) Do I have to transfer the GC to new Company-Y using AC21?
4) Do I have to transfer H1B to new Company-Y and port I-140 after ayear when they start the process?
5) Do I have to transfer H1B to Company-Y and leave the GC processing under Company-X? If this is the case do I have to come back to Company-X after the 485 approval?

Thanks in advance...

Missing Folder

#228 28th October 2008, 09:17 PM
han0169
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2007

missing Folder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I had my interview today after waiting for more than 18 months since I applied.

Got there at 10:00 for 10:20 but they were very busy and I was not called till 12:30. my interview was almost 25 minutes and the outcome is there is missing folder that needs to be requested before a decision is made.

the Officer went through my application and asked me lots of questions , he also gave me the civics exam which I passed and ended the Interview with '' since we are missing this folder you will not be able to take oath and the case will remain pending"

The question is,
have anyone have any experience with such a thing and how long would it normal takes to request a folder from the national center.

Does this mean they may deny my application?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

I-485 Extended Review

Hi Rajiv,
I am in Eb2 and my priority date is current. My FBI background check is complete. I called up 1800 number and asked them about the status of my application. They told me my application is in Extended review. I am not sure what it means, whether its good or bad

My USC spouse doesnt work.I am planning to apply for GC and my status in USA is H1B(valid form 2008 oct) and i earn more than 125% of poverty line.

How can i file a affidavit of support if my USC has no tax return cos she doesnt work...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Time Questions

Hello, I am currently working under H1B and have current visa.
If I send in an I-140 but have to leave the US before it is approved/or disaproved do I need to do a form to cancel the process. (This would be employer based)
If I am gone for a length of time from the US could I come back and submit another I-140?
If I did get I-140 approved can I still travel to My home country? During the process/wait for a visa number?
Last but not least. If I am approved, get a visa number then have to leave the country do I lose the green card? If so can you reapply for one sometime in the future. I have heard you have to stay in the US at least half of each year to keep a green card.
My mother is in poor health which would be the cause of My leaving the US for an unknown length/s of time.
Thank you in advance
L.White

Your kind service is very much appreciated. Please allow me to ask a question regarding my husband's immigrant visa status. I sponsored my husband's green card application and he just completed his interview at US embassy in Tokyo and received the immigrant status on his passport last week. He was instructed to enter the US within 6 month(by April,2009). However,he can only visit the US this December for 1 week and will not be able to move here till next July or August. Will he be able to retain his green card status next August given this circumstance? If not, what would you suggest that we do in prior to keep his green card status? Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.