Conference Call on August 7, Recording Available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original H1 petition return to get Experience - Effect on GC

Hi Rajeev,

I came here on H1 through Employer A in the year 2005. Had shifted ( Transfered H1 ) few companies and now working for Company B.
Now i'm planning to apply for GC.
To get an experience letter from Employer A ( Original petitioner ), i had to return my original H1 petition. Its the company policy.
Now i'm planning to apply for my GC, but I'm worried now that would it effect to my GC process since I do not have original petition(I-797A) doc. with me?

At any stage in my GC process, do i need to show my Original H1 petition to USCIS?

I am also wondering by any chance Employer A can apply for my H1 termination since i'm no longer with them?

Than you very much for your help.

Rgds
Kiran

Current status AOS pending name check & ret, planning to apply for AOS through spouse

Dear Rajeev,

Thanks for your wonderful service, I am a regular visitor of this site for past many years. I have an interesting question, I dont know if there are many in this situation, but could not find any answer..so here I am

Here is my situation:

Current status: AOS (pending I-485)
I am a legal resident without any gap for the past 8 years, was on h1 and now on AOS.
I applied for my I-485 as a derivative applicant on my spouses’ employment based I-485 on Dec 2004, EB3 Schedule A
My spouse already received the Green Card in 2005.
I am stuck in name check black hole, and now in retrogression, don’t know when my GC is going to get approved.
My spouse will be eligible to apply for Citizenship by 2010

We are recently thinking about a new option, to re-apply for I-485 when my spouse become Citizen.

Can I do this? If I do this what will be the validity of my EAD through the first I-485 until I receive the new EAD? I am currently using this EAD to work.

Thanks for your attention into this matter and waiting for a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.