conditional vs. permanent greencard

Lunatic

Registered Users (C)
I have a question. A friend of mine has a greencard, and it says on it "permanent resident", it doesn't mention anything about "conditional". Do conditional greencard say on them "conditional"?

If you get a greencard through marriage with an United States Citizen only, then your green card is "conditional." If you get a green card through marriage with a non-Us citizen, then your green card is not "conditional." Nothing will be written on the plastic card. Depends on how you got it.

detroitimmi you r wrong
conditional green card is givin to those who have been married for less than 2 years(thats if you are lucky)./

A lawful permanent resident is given the privilege of living and working in the United States permanently. Your permanent residence status will be conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you were given permanent residence. You are given conditional resident status on the day you are lawfully admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or receive adjustment of status. Your permanent resident status is conditional, because you must prove that you did not get married to evade the immigration laws of the United States.

You and your spouse must apply together to remove the conditions on your residence. You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident. The expiration date on your alien registration card (commonly know as green card) is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident. If you do not apply to remove the conditions in time, you could lose your conditional resident status and be removed from the country.

If you are no longer married to your spouse, or if you have been battered or abused by your spouse, you can apply to waive the joint filing requirement. In such cases, you may apply to remove the conditions on your permanent residence any time after you become a conditional resident, but before you are removed from the country.

good luck and sir please dont give any info if your not sure about

dear Helloall2003,
I did not make up the rule regarding the conditional residence green card for spouses--it is a validated legal advice given by my immigration lawyer--boy that sure got you all worked up:)-

Anyhow, if neither you nor your spouse is an US citizen, then try going to a BCSI office to get one of your "conditionals" removed! they will shoo you away, because this is the rule. I can't imagine how inundated with removal petitions the offices will be if the green card were conditional for non UC citizens.

I am not stupid, I found this out through solid legal sources.

If the green card valid for 10years then it is not Conditional Green card. If the green card valid for 2 years then it is conditional Green card. If the green card is not conditional green card, then is there any chance to revoke the green card.

If you committ a felony, misdemeanor, or you are in the wrong place at the wrong time--things like that can cause your 10-yr green card to be revoked certainly...