Conditional/Unconditional Green Card:

flman95

Registered Users (C)
Quick Question:

I have my Green card interview (USC Marriage base) on June 6th, which is exactly ours Second Wedding anniversary. Does that mean I will be getting Unconditional Green Card for 10 years? Please suggest!! I appreciate it very much. Thank you. Let me know if I can answer any of your Q's regarding my journey. Thanks!!

I also think you should get unconditional. But here it might all depends on the good will and mood of the officer at the time of the interview. But the unconditional GC is an obvious outcome

Technically if you think then also you should get an unconditional one. Because if you get conditional then when you suppose to file for Removal of Condition? Very next day. I think if by any chance if the officer gives you conditional one, you should politely request for unconditional one since you are already there.

Is this true? Amazing. You learn one new thing every day. I thought you have to wait 2 years from the date the card is issued. However, from posts in this forum, it seems like you have to wait 2 years from the date of your wedding. I got married in 2001...so I guess I should get an unconditional green card also. Not that I am planning to separate from my wife but its just good to know.

Eric

EricNeesGC said:
Is this true? Amazing. You learn one new thing every day. I thought you have to wait 2 years from the date the card is issued. However, from posts in this forum, it seems like you have to wait 2 years from the date of your wedding. I got married in 2001...so I guess I should get an unconditional green card also. Not that I am planning to separate from my wife but its just good to know.

Eric

actually… Amishah is mistaken.
You have to apply to remove the condition after the second anniversary of being the conditional resident. Your marriage date is considered at the time of the interview. If it’s before the second wedding anniversary, even by one day, than you will get a conditional card and wait two more years to file I-751, but if it’s after your second wedding anniversary – then it’s 10 -years one.
here is a link: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Some people apply for GC sooner after the wedding then others and some DO work quicker then others so many people get called for the interview sooner then second wedding anniversary and, as a result, they are getting conditional cards.

For you, EricNeesGC, it would be unconditional since you got married in 2001.

and I also think that the FLman95 will get the unconditional card.

Good luck!

:)

Sorry you all for wrong information. I misunderstood. Actually in my case my husband is going to get unconditional one since we are married for more than 2 years now and by the time I will get interview, it will be almost 4 years(Thanks to Memphis DO). So I didn't paid close attention to the requirments. I will be careful from now onwards.

Thank you ALL!!

I appreciate you all taking time to read and respond to my message. You all have given great inputs and yeah, we all learn some thing new each day.
Today, I called the USCIS Cust Service people regarding the Medical Drs info and at the same time I asked him the same q's and he responded that for Marriage based GC petition it is always first the 'Conditional' followed by the 'Unconditional' one. I did not quite buy it as they all give different answers at diff time with diff Service reps. What do you think? Please advice!!

Thanks a bunch again!!

Cheers...!!!

I think they just gave you a general answer without even bother going into details of your situations.

Check out the link I provided above, here is a specific information from that weblink I’m referring to:

Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage..
Background
A lawful permanent resident is given the privilege of living and working in the United States permanently. Your permanent residence status will be conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you were given permanent residence. You are given conditional resident status on the day you are lawfully admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or receive adjustment of status. Your permanent resident status is conditional, because you must prove that you did not get married to evade the immigration laws of the United States.​

You're going to have exactly two years of marriage at the time of your interview, so it’s the unconditional card for you!
:)

flman95 said:
I did not quite buy it as they all give different answers at diff time with diff Service reps. What do you think? Please advice!!

exactly my experience too- don't pay too much attention to what they say.

Question, need advice

When I go in for my interview, it will be 40 days prior to my 2nd wedding anniversery, so I'm expecting to get the conditional GC. However, since I've been hearing that the backgroung check has been taking so long, does that mean that if they issue the GC after the 2nd wedding anniversary then I would get an unconditional? So is it based on date of interview or when they actually issue the GC, which hearing a lot of people on this site seems to be a while after the interview, thanks for your help.

Greg30,

I believe you have to be married for 2 years on the day they give you you permanent residence to get an unconditional green card. Now, if they approve you on the day of the interview, then you will get a conditional green card. If they approve you 40 days later (after additional checks) you should get an unconditional green card. However it is still possible you get a conditional card. Just have to check the date on the green card to see when it was approved.

Good Luck

TD and MMR Records:

TD and MMR Records:

Hello there:

Thanks for all the posts. You all been of great help!

I need to have TD and MMR immunization records before I go for my Physical at the USCIS designated Civil Surgeon. I do not have records of either, but I certainly had all of the immunizations. What should I do? There is about $250.00 for taking a TD and 2 MMR shots. Please advice?

ps: I had MMR in my native country where they just dont keep any records.

flman95 said:
TD and MMR Records:

Hello there:

Thanks for all the posts. You all been of great help!

I need to have TD and MMR immunization records before I go for my Physical at the USCIS designated Civil Surgeon. I do not have records of either, but I certainly had all of the immunizations. What should I do? There is about $250.00 for taking a TD and 2 MMR shots. Please advice?

ps: I had MMR in my native country where they just dont keep any records.

Hi!
Go to the Health Department and ask for those shots. Will cost you around $60 or so. I don’t remember it’s been awhile since I did them there.
Anyway, they will give you a shots record. Take it to the doctor.

Medical Test:

Thanks for the tips. I did schedule an appt with the Health Dept for TD and first MMR. It cost me only $65.00. At the Drs. it would have cost me $195 and another $95 for the second MMR. What a difference it makes! Thanks man!!
I am very excited about my Interview date and looking forward for that day.

Cheers!!

Date on Marriage Certificate

If you have registered ONE day before your wedding which is required in most states I think, then you will be OVER 2 years and you will get a UNconditioned green card..... then nobody is luckier than you in that department :D

flman95 said:
Quick Question:

I have my Green card interview (USC Marriage base) on June 6th, which is exactly ours Second Wedding anniversary. Does that mean I will be getting Unconditional Green Card for 10 years? Please suggest!! I appreciate it very much. Thank you. Let me know if I can answer any of your Q's regarding my journey. Thanks!!