Conditional green card for 3 years instead of 2?

kate07

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All! I'm happy to share with you,me and my husband had green card interview on January 28th, in Fairfax VA, it was great! The hardest part of the process was waiting for the interview day to come. I received my green card in the mail on Fabruary 14th. The only thing that puzzles me know is that my card is good for 3 years. From what i heard conditional green cards are usually good for 2 years and then you need to apply for conditions to be removed? Do i have to wait 3 years instead of 2 to apply for permanent green card?:confused::confused:

I know there is such a thing as a 3 year green card, but I don't know why or who gets them. I think it has to do with needing to wait longer to remove the conditions for whatever reason, maybe the IO felt it was needed or something.

Hi, All! I'm happy to share with you,me and my husband had green card interview on January 28th, in Fairfax VA, it was great! The hardest part of the process was waiting for the interview day to come. I received my green card in the mail on Fabruary 14th. The only thing that puzzles me know is that my card is good for 3 years. From what i heard conditional green cards are usually good for 2 years and then you need to apply for conditions to be removed? Do i have to wait 3 years instead of 2 to apply for permanent green card?:confused::confused:

its like having your citizenship and removal of conditions interview at the same time.

Final Got approval...............Woah!!!

You are lucky

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be a mistake. You should apply for removal conditions at the usual time of 2 years minus 90 days, unless you can get a proper explanation of why it shows 3 years.

I also think this could be a mistake

and I think applying for the I-751 before the two year mark would be a very wise decision.

I agree, regardless of the expiration date, just file I751 like it were a 2yr one. I just got mine and it's valid for 2yrs.