Concurrent TN permit

samdonowa

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am looking to change jobs and would like to apply for a TN for the new job and then give my term notice at my old job. Does anyone know if immigration will give 2 TNs concurrently?

Thx.

Yes. as long as you are going to start your 2nd job (you can arrange a 'mmeting" with your new employer for the day you get TN. Your old TN will last as along as you still work for Firm A.

Yes. as long as you are going to start your 2nd job (you can arrange a 'mmeting" with your new employer for the day you get TN. Your old TN will last as along as you still work for Firm A.

1) Does this mean I have to start my second job from the date I get TN#2? I, too, am looking into changing employers but would prefer not to give notice to my current employer until I get approval for the 2nd TN.

2) From the forums, I think the answer would be "yes", but just to be sure (I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm one of those people.), I can apply for the concurrent TN by mail, correct?

Thank you so much. Nelsona, I think I recognize you from the canuckabroad forums and your posts helped me a great deal when I was getting my first TN.

1. As I explained, most POEs issue TNs when you are "on your way" to your new assignment. There is a distinction between having an employer and actually beginning work; all companies have leeway as to when you actually start after they hire you. POEs understand this.
2. You can apply for concurrent TN by mail just as you can at the border.

And, always remember, notice by the employee is always optional.