Concurrent or Non-Concurrent

bajmera

Registered Users (C)
Experts Please comment on this case.

My employer has approved LC (from another employee) and agreed to apply for I140. Do you think I should go for Concurrent flling of I140 and 485 or just file I140 and wait till it gets approved and then file 485.

Thanks in advance for help.

I-140 with concurrent processing is taking less time to approved I-140 ....Non Concurrent is taking long time....

just fyi

-Bhaskar

Thanks

Thanks. The only question is if filed concurrent what are the risk because it is labor substitution.

Originally posted by bhaskargara
I-140 with concurrent processing is taking less time to approved I-140 ....Non Concurrent is taking long time....

just fyi

-Bhaskar

I think there is no additional risk if you want to file concurrently except for the fee for I-485 and the medicals etc.

The processing of 485 depends on the I-140. In the worst scenario (Only for ex.. I am sure most of the substistute LC cases would not have problems if the educational qualifications and the salary and the experience matches to that of the approved eta- 750 as of the original filing date of that LC), if they deny the I-140, all the other applications (485 EAD AP etc) will be denied automatically. Then let us say you have successfully appealed that case (AAO), then all of these applications are automatically back into the record with original filing date.

So, unless you are thinking about some slight incompatibility (with the approved LC and your background) or if you are not fully ready to file 485 (for ex., you don't have birth certificates or medicals take long time, attorney needs more time to prepare the documentation for 485, EAD, AP etc), you could file it concurrently.

And, bharskaragara is right. It is generally taking less time for concurrent applications for I-140. All the best, atleast this is true for EB3 cases at NSC.