Concurrent H1B few questions

Sam_b

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am currently working as college instructor on H-1B cap exempt. I never had cap H-1B. I would like to work for new employer (CAP H1)on part time basis as I get 3 months of paid summer off. I have few questions pertaining to this case.

1. Do, I need to file the concurrent H1 only when the quota is open from April 1st and wait to start part time till Oct 1 because my full time H1 was never counted against the cap.
2. If my concurrent H1b petition is rejected does it affect my full time job/H1. are there any anticiapted problems in future due to this.
3. My visa in the passport is expired but my petition for full time H1 is valid. If I go for H1b stamping what is the procedure. Do I need to get H1 stamped for both the employers or only full time.
4. How many hours maximum and minimum I can work part time.
5. Can I take break in between with my part time job for example working 4 hours in one week, working 10 in the following or taking a break for one month etc. Is it allowed/legal.
6. Is part time job pay most of the times hourly on LCA.
7. I am in process for applying I-140 for full time H1 job so that I can apply for 3 year extension. Does that automatically extend my part time H1 also.
8. Can I change to full time from part time after resigning previous full time job. What are the quota issues (Non cap to cap).
9. What are the part time employer responsibilities.

Please help. Thanks

z
Hi
I am currently working as college instructor on H-1B cap exempt. I never had cap H-1B. I would like to work for new employer (CAP H1)on part time basis as I get 3 months of paid summer off. I have few questions pertaining to this case.

1. Do, I need to file the concurrent H1 only when the quota is open from April 1st and wait to start part time till Oct 1 because my full time H1 was never counted against the cap.YES2. If my concurrent H1b petition is rejected does it affect my full time job/H1. are there any anticiapted problems in future due to this. NO Problem
3. My visa in the passport is expired but my petition for full time H1 is valid. If I go for H1b stamping what is the procedure. Do I need to get H1 stamped for both the employers or only full time. One full time. Stronger sponser
4. How many hours maximum and minimum I can work part time. Full time 40 Hours week part time no limit.5. Can I take break in between with my part time job for example working 4 hours in one week, working 10 in the following or taking a break for one month etc. Is it allowed/legal. YES, legal6. Is part time job pay most of the times hourly on LCA.
7. I am in process for applying I-140 for full time H1 job so that I can apply for 3 year extension. Does that automatically extend my part time H1 also.( No, you have to extend your concurrent H1 beyond their validity)8. Can I change to full time from part time after resigning previous full time job. What are the quota issues (Non cap to cap). Your part time is already counted in Cap , but you have to do amendments on your H1 from concurrent to normal full time.9. What are the part time employer responsibilities. Same as full time spnser, to pay you .

Please help. Thanks