concurrent filling i-130 i-485 I-130 arroved now what?

waitingboston

Hi guys

first this website is a blessing, a lot of good information.

i wonder if someone can help me? i filed for my wife I-130/I-485 october 04, we had our interview at the boston office june 05 and the officer just said she needed to further review the file and she will let us know in the mail her decision....well we just got an email from the uscis stating that the I-130 was approved and the approval notice will be mailed within 2 weeks, no mention of adjustment of status, does anyone what that means?
can she go to get her pp stamped ?? please help.

thank you guys.

I think approval of 130 is separate then the approval of 485. You have to wait for 485 approval. It takes lot more time then I130. After the approval you will get mail to go and get passport stamped. You can not just show up at USCIS office to get stamp. You need to show the letter stating from USCIS that you can go and get your passport stamped. I hope this will help.

Thanks karachi, but i have figured it out. i only had I-130 in my portfolio in my online account with the INS website. after i added the i-485 i received the same approval notice: approved , notice in the mail....
mywife had Biometric code 3 already done i wonder if they are gonna send er the card directly or ask her to come and stamp the pp..

anyway here is my wife's timeline:

applied for I-130,I-148, EAD, AP october 2004,
EAD, AP received december 2004.
interview letter jan 05
interview june 05
appoval notice two weeks after interview.

the interview was fine but officer said she needs to review futher our file, she was uptight and never loosened up... i was pretty stressful waiting the two weeks, but thank GOD she approved us.

I hope my story helps someone, and best of luck to all of you waiting.