Concurrent Filing of 140 and 485

vingogs

Registered Users (C)
Labor has just been approved from Maine state. Heard that concurrent filling is not an option any more. Is that true? or can 485 and 1-140 can be filed jointly, even today?Also can 140 be filed from a different region or does it have to be from Vermont (Maine State falls under Vermont Service Center).

vingogs said:
Labor has just been approved from Maine state. Heard that concurrent filling is not an option any more. Is that true? or can 485 and 1-140 can be filed jointly, even today?Also can 140 be filed from a different region or does it have to be from Vermont (Maine State falls under Vermont Service Center).

you can still file concurently, it will not be adjudicated (or processed) concurrently. And it has to be filed from Vemront where the employer is.

vingogs said:

You can still file concurrent I-140/I-485 if you belong to EB2. If you are EB3 and belong to the retrogressed countries (India, Philliphines, Mainland China), then you can only file for I-140 and wait for your PD to become current (if your PD is not current now)

You file I-140 at the appropriate Service Center based on your Company's HQs.

nawabjee said:
you can still file concurently, it will not be adjudicated (or processed) concurrently. And it has to be filed from Vemront where the employer is.
Thanks a lot for the info. Is there a website or URL, that will exactly give me the same info. I need to send it to my employer so that he applies concurrently without raising any concerns.

H1BneedGC said:
You can still file concurrent I-140/I-485 if you belong to EB2. If you are EB3 and belong to the retrogressed countries (India, Philliphines, Mainland China), then you can only file for I-140 and wait for your PD to become current (if your PD is not current now)

You file I-140 at the appropriate Service Center based on your Company's HQs.
Thanks a lot for the info. Is there a website or URL, that will exactly give me the same info. I need to send it to my employer so that he applies concurrently without raising any concerns.

Thanks for the info. I still need a URL that explains that retrogression doesn't really apply to EB2 category, which essentially means that people that are filing under EB2 category can definitely apply 140 and 485 together.

vingogs said:
Thanks for the info. I still need a URL that explains that retrogression doesn't really apply to EB2 category, which essentially means that people that are filing under EB2 category can definitely apply 140 and 485 together.

Here u go:

Follow the link. Nobody can dispute this link as this is directly from the dept of state.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2111.html

Scroll down to the 'Employment based Preferences"

Yuo can see a 'C' against Employment Based 2nd category which is EB2 category. 'C' in this column means current (meaning you can apply 485).

Hope this helps!