Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 California Service Center After May 1st (Pilot Program)

Ok, so I tried early FP again(failed attempt on July 2nd) on July 17th and was successful!! This is about 2 weeks ahead of my appt. date. I was lucky to have been there on a Saturday at 3pm (they close at 4pm). There were no customers there at the time I got there which I think helped me. The security gaurd tried to send me back but I insisted that I talk with the supervisor. Finally when I talked with the manager and it was very easy for me to convince him that I could not make it on the appt. date so I was coming early. This took about 2 mins and the FP process itself is 15 mins each for me & my wife. So we were out soon. After I talked with the manager guy, I heard him turn away others like me who were there 4-6 weeks ahead of their appt dates. He advised them to come back and that he will consider only if they came about 2 weeks ahead of appt date. Also he asked them to try on wed or sat afternoons which apparently happens to be very relaxed times for them. So I felt people out there who are trying to get FP done ahead of schedule could benefit from this information.

-htammana
FP Received: 06/25/2004
FP Appt: 07/30/2004
FP done: 07/17/2004

quizfan said:
Hi,

My LC was approved in April.

I filed I-140/I-1485 concurrent in one envelope at CSC on June 10th.

RD: June 10th
ND: June 15th
FP notice received by mail (residence) on June 28th. FP notice for my wife, July 5th. FP scheduled for July 27th.

We went to the BCIS office at San Jose for "early fingerprinting" this morning and got thrown out. :) The chap at the entrance told us to come back on the date mentioned in the notice. The office was way too crowded which, I think was caused by the fact that this was their first working day after their weekend (Sunday, Monday).

QF

Hi,
Is SSN mandatory at the time of Finger Print? My wife does not have one as she is on H4(dependent).. Is the form we fill out during finger print ask for SSN ? Pl advice...Thanks

Documents to show for fingerprints

Hi ,

Can you please tell what kind of docs, I need to take for FP?

Thanks

htammana said:
Ok, so I tried early FP again(failed attempt on July 2nd) on July 17th and was successful!! This is about 2 weeks ahead of my appt. date. I was lucky to have been there on a Saturday at 3pm (they close at 4pm). There were no customers there at the time I got there which I think helped me. The security gaurd tried to send me back but I insisted that I talk with the supervisor. Finally when I talked with the manager and it was very easy for me to convince him that I could not make it on the appt. date so I was coming early. This took about 2 mins and the FP process itself is 15 mins each for me & my wife. So we were out soon. After I talked with the manager guy, I heard him turn away others like me who were there 4-6 weeks ahead of their appt dates. He advised them to come back and that he will consider only if they came about 2 weeks ahead of appt date. Also he asked them to try on wed or sat afternoons which apparently happens to be very relaxed times for them. So I felt people out there who are trying to get FP done ahead of schedule could benefit from this information.

-htammana

Early FP for Concurrent Filing

Hi Tamanna,

Nope, didn't work for me. I went again but was thrown out again. I was asked to come on the exact date/time. When my wife explained that she was travelling, they informed her that they were willing to do her FP alone and I would have to come back on the exact date or seek a postponement per the procedure printed in the FP notice.

So we will go on the exact date and my wife will try to reschedule her travel plans.

Cheers
Arun

htammana said:

-htammana

No FP notice yet

I still do not have any indication of the FP notice. How long does it take for the FP if the case is not done through Pilot ? Anyone out there with dates similar to mine who have not recieved FP notice, please respond.

Thanks

Your passport and photo ID (drivers license). Your FP letter will mention the list of documents.
-htammana
GCNSC2004 said:
Hi ,

Can you please tell what kind of docs, I need to take for FP?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that man! I wonder why you said that your wife alone is travelling. I told that both of us are travelling. At one point the guy asked me to show airline tickets... But I said I will not buy tickets until I know for sure that I can get FP done ahead of my appt. date... In any case, looks like you have tried enough and given up on getting FP done ahead of time. My online case status for I-485 has been updated yesterday. Now it says "FP for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review"... I'm desperately waiting for my EAD card... Does anyone know how long it is taking for people to get EAD cards under pilot program?

-htammana

quizfan said:
Hi Tamanna,

Nope, didn't work for me. I went again but was thrown out again. I was asked to come on the exact date/time. When my wife explained that she was travelling, they informed her that they were willing to do her FP alone and I would have to come back on the exact date or seek a postponement per the procedure printed in the FP notice.

So we will go on the exact date and my wife will try to reschedule her travel plans.

Cheers
Arun

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you. Why I asked this question: My passport has been sent for H1B Visa stamping to St.Louis on 13 Jul 2004. I may get stamped around or before 01 Oct 2004. Meanwhile If I get fingerprints notice, what are my options. Do I have to have Passport? or Driver Lic ID is OK.

Can you please suggest me?

Thanks.
My info:
I140/I485/EAD/AP RD: 06/30/2004
I140/I485/EAD/AP ND: 07/08/2004
NSC

htammana said:
Your passport and photo ID (drivers license). Your FP letter will mention the list of documents.
-htammana

I'm not very sure if you need both. But we did show both passport and Drivers Lic. I would imagine passport is very important, but you might be able to find an alternate solution. Try consulting with your lawyer and you might be able to show some documentation stating your passport has been sent for revalidation. Did you make photocopies of all pages of passport before sending it for visa revalidation? Showing that might also might help.

-htammana

GCNSC2004 said:
Hi,

Thank you. Why I asked this question: My passport has been sent for H1B Visa stamping to St.Louis on 13 Jul 2004. I may get stamped around or before 01 Oct 2004. Meanwhile If I get fingerprints notice, what are my options. Do I have to have Passport? or Driver Lic ID is OK.

Can you please suggest me?

Thanks.
My info:
I140/I485/EAD/AP RD: 06/30/2004
I140/I485/EAD/AP ND: 07/08/2004
NSC

received second fp notice with in one month

concurrent EB2 filing on may 25th 2004

received first fp notice on june 12th for july 30th.

did early fp on june 19th.

lud changed on june 22nd to fp results received processing resumed.

lud changed june 28th to a previous status of received Response for RFE. ( an old status for wrong finger print fee.)

received second fp notice today again for 8/25

totally confused as i received second fp notice when my first fp results were processed a month back.

just cannot understand why i need to do a second fp, just a month after my first fp is cleared.

FP status

Hi all:

I recently got my FP done and today I received an email saying that "Results of FP review have been received and that processing has resumed in my case". What does this mean? and what should I expect as next step?

-htammana

next step should be approval

the next step should be approval .

let us know if your case gets approved.

why early FP is a big deal

Just trying to figure out why early FP is a big deal.

Is it because I-485 process won’t start until FP is done?

---I-140/485 submitted last week

Yes you are right, I-485 processing wont start until FP is done. I've also heard from our lawyer that only when FP is done then our cases are sent to homeland security or some such dept. for background checks. Apparently in some cases this process could delay I-485 approvals irrespective of the pilot program. So I dont think pilot program guarantees 100% of cases will be processed in 90 days.

-htammana

Hamilton said:
Just trying to figure out why early FP is a big deal.

Is it because I-485 process won’t start until FP is done?

---I-140/485 submitted last week

Re; FP documentation.

If your spouse or you have used other names in the past (e.g. maiden name), please take the marriage certificate along with you for the FP. My lawyer asked me to. Although I didn't need it, I noticed a lady being asked for it and she didn't have it. She had to come back another day.

I was asked only for my driver's license. The whole process took 10 minutes. On the whol, it was very efficient!

I 140 approved

EB2 concurrent filing RD may 25th 2004

I 140 approved today.
just got email and oline status also says it got approved.

no status update on 485.

No Update on EAD / AP ( only LUD updated today on EAD?ap with no status change)

is my case being considered under pilot program?

did fp on june 19th. fp results updated on june 22nd to received sp results processing resumed.
received another FP notice for august 25th. confused on this second FP.

I think it is still good news. Most likely yours is going through pilot program. But there is no way to confirm this though. I also think that you got 2nd fp notice because there must have been QC problem with the data they collected 1st time around. Once you finish the 2nd fp there is a very good chance your 485 will be processed quickly especially because 140 is approved and ready for adjudication concurrently with 485. In conclusion, though the 2nd fp is little irkesome things should be fine after that. Good Luck
-htammana

kalmad said:
EB2 concurrent filing RD may 25th 2004

I 140 approved today.
just got email and oline status also says it got approved.

no status update on 485.

No Update on EAD / AP ( only LUD updated today on EAD?ap with no status change)

is my case being considered under pilot program?

did fp on june 19th. fp results updated on june 22nd to received sp results processing resumed.
received another FP notice for august 25th. confused on this second FP.

I140 and $85 concurrently approved today

i just received emails confirming the approval of my 485 application too.

both primary and derivative approved on the same day.

here are my case details

labor filed on janury 2002

labor certified on april 2nd 2004.
EB2 concurrently filed I140/I485/EAD/AP on may 25th 2004
( MS + 3 years experience)

received RFE for wrong finger print fee on may28th.
RFE replied on june 2nd ( attorney sent the right fp fee)

received FP notice on june 12th for fp appointment on july30th.
did early FP on june 19th.

140/485 approved concurrently today, july 27th both primary and derivative( wife)

waitng for my paper work from attorney.

so pilot program is in place . i wish every one in this forum good luck .

i went through a very anxiuos period during this 140/485 phase.

my best wishes to every one in this forum and good luck.
this forum directed me in the right direction through out