concurrent filing I-485/I130 submit to local office or send to LockBox(San Diego)

viva5

Registered Users (C)
I've heard that we can submit the I-485&I-130application to the local office through the Infopass appointment. I am in San Diego county. Has anybody done this? Is it faster if I submit the application to the local office than send it to the Chicago LockBox?
Please advise!
Thanks,

No, you are supposed to file at the Chicago Lock Box if you are filing I-485 and I-130 concurrently, unless you go through DORA in Dallas or another pilot program. I think some DO's may not stop you from filing them at the local office if you go with an infopass appointment, but that will only delay your application as it will get forwarded to Chicago Lock Box/NBC anyway. The I-485 and I-130 forms give you conflicting information on this regard. I-485 says you have to file concurrently in Chicago Lock Box while I-130 instructions say you have to file concurrently at the local DO. But mail it into the Chicago Lock Box anyway. Trust me, my wife and I tried the local DO, but couldn't, even though we told her about what the I-130 form said.